About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

April 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 31138 views.
Loreficent

4/1/20

Hello Turtles!

A huge congratulations to you!!!

You were a big help for me in my first week when you wrote “ if you have just one you will be back where you started, and where you started is desperately wanting to be where you are”.  That. Was. Huge. It made a big impact and difference for me. I’m sad you only think about it when you are on here, but hopefully you are able to turn that thought into a positive one. 

Thank you for leading the way!!

June2019

4/1/20

woo hoo! congrats, Turtles!

turtles

4/1/20

It’s not a bad thing that I think about it only on here, that’s just because I’m talking about it etc and during my regular day it doesn’t come up.  But back when I quit, I did it cold turkey and it was painful.  That was to ever remind me that just one led to that and never do it again.

youll make it, you’re through the worst.

• Edited April 1, 2020 3:39 pm  by  turtles
Loreficent

4/1/20

Oh glad to hear it’s not bad. I love having you folks that have “crossed over” come back on here and offer support and encouragement. It helps keep me strong. 
Oh yes, I’m gonna make it. This forum is exactly what makes a difference this time.

Amicahomi

4/1/20

So now you are "emerita", Turtles.  You have earned a special place in the forum and I hope you will stay and continue to help those just starting out.  I celebrated for you with dinner.  Tonight I made seared arctic char with garlic butter quinoa and fresh steamed cauliflower - chased with a Western New York State Traminette.  Between the quit and the lock down, never been so mindful about food.  I feel that 15 lbs, too - but I think the better diet will help.  The forum has, and continues to be, very important to the quit and I'm grateful for the help from you and all others to get this far.  Excelsior!

Jatchat

4/1/20

Congratulations Turtles, well done, onwards and upwards.

Kind regards

Anthony 

Rassister

4/2/20

Congratulations to you!   The freedom is amazing isn’t it?   There is no better feeling in the world.  Here’s to year 2! 

In reply toRe: msg 20
slowblumer

4/2/20

Hello to all April Ex Smokers,

Here are some great tips from one of our old timers in quitting.

Medubich

4/2/20

Quit smoking April 01, second day smoke free, I feel amazing. I have intense cravings but I started to watch a lot of movies to quench it, seems to be working. 

Psychologically, it's really hard, seeing people smoke and reprogramming my mind that they're killing their lungs. Team NOPE!! all the way!!!

Loreficent

4/2/20

Congratulations!

You have found an amazing place of acceptance and encouragement and support. So glad you made a healthy choice for you! Welcome!!