About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

April 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 31426 views.
Rassister

4/2/20

Congratulations to you!   The freedom is amazing isn’t it?   There is no better feeling in the world.  Here’s to year 2! 

In reply toRe: msg 20
slowblumer

4/2/20

Hello to all April Ex Smokers,

Here are some great tips from one of our old timers in quitting.

Medubich

4/2/20

Quit smoking April 01, second day smoke free, I feel amazing. I have intense cravings but I started to watch a lot of movies to quench it, seems to be working. 

Psychologically, it's really hard, seeing people smoke and reprogramming my mind that they're killing their lungs. Team NOPE!! all the way!!!

Loreficent

4/2/20

Congratulations!

You have found an amazing place of acceptance and encouragement and support. So glad you made a healthy choice for you! Welcome!!

JerseyDee

4/2/20

Hi there. Congratulations on your big step in qutiing. The first few days are the hardest ... It DOES get easier. 

Read through the posrs here for suggestions on how to deal with cravings.

We are here for you. We keep each other on track here ... You found the right place

- Deana

3/5/20 Found my pathway to frreedom

Medubich

4/2/20

Thanks a lot guys for your support and encouragement. I really appreciate it. I'm just taking it one step at a time, I don't want to think of how hard 2 weeks or 2 months or 2 years gonna be. NOPE one step at a time. Thanks fam. 

CC to JerseyDee
slowblumer

4/2/20

Hi Medubich,

Welcome to the forum.  So glad you joined us and hope you will stay here for information and support.  It is hard but you are staying strong.  

Right now there are not a lot of April quitters but more folks will be along. Your decision to quit smoking is the best gift you could ever give yourself.   I was a 40+ yr smoker and this place helped me quit and stay quit.  One day at a time you can beat nicotine addiction.  

Read everything you can .

Best wishes,

DebraAnne60

4/2/20

Have you read Allan Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking - there is a link to the book somewhere in this forum.  I hope someone can bring it up for you.  Highly recommend it.  It's a easy read - a bit humorous as well.  

We are here for you when and if you need us.  The forum has tons of postings and articles of quitting and what to expect which are very helpful to KNOWING YOUR ENEMY.  If you have questions or concerns, please go post them.   We have all been through this and understand what you are going through pretty much every step of the way.

Welcome to the non-smoking society.     

Cheers

Loreficent

4/2/20

That’s they way to do it. Though it is nice to think about how great it will feel in a month, or two, or six, or a year, etc., for me it is best accomplished by staying present in the moment. I don’t want to rush anything else in my life (getting old enough already) and try to enjoy the journey, this is the same. I’m enjoying the journey daily.

The support from others ahead is helpful to get me through some tough moments as I take it as a sign that it can be done and I’ll get there in due time too!

Glad you’re here with us!

Eve1973

4/2/20

Congratulations. Are you on lockdown too? If so I know you probably have a lot of time, so read the beginning of This folder. The mods put a lot of information for the new people and it’s amazingly helpful. 
We are all here for you too.....post, don’t hesitate to ask questions.....and always know you have support here!

Congrats on taking this 1st step to freedom!

Eve