About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

April 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 29328 views.
In reply toRe: msg 389
slowblumer

5/11/20

Hello May Ex-Smokers,

Check out Brad's story and how he was inspired to push on through his quit.

"Almost all of us who are quitting are doing it as a matter of choice. It is tough, it is miserable at times, but we have a choice to continue doing damage to ourselves or do everything we can to beat this awful addiction to nicotine".

candrew

5/12/20

Ana -

I didn't catch up with your post until today. 

Thanks for your response, I really like hearing from folks like you. I can learn from you especially the  encouragement and compassion part. We all need that 

This is one very difficult condition. People don't realize how horrible this thing is. As much as I am trying every day to keep from smoking (I really want to smoke) but understand that the cravings will eventually lessen. I currently am taking Chantix. I guess it works but the reason that relapsed half way through my prescription I was operating on impulse;  forgetting all the reasons I wanted to quit. Basically I gave up. I knew I craved a cigarette from the start of the Chantix program, weeks ago. AA calls the Mind set "Dry Drunk".

I am fine today with 15 days abstinence. We are in lockdown but I have lots of things to do,  one of which is navigating Delphi and learning more about our problem and also reading posts that I can relate to.

Best of luck to all.

Andrew 4/25/20

CC to candrew
KalyaRed

5/12/20

I guess there's a smokeless smoker in all of us. None of us is above relapsing. I have to swallow my pride whenever I check my smoking app and it says "previous attempt 121 days". 

I quit during lock down too! It's not the easiest - but we can do it! I keep thinking if I managed to do it during the most difficult time I'll be a fool to waste it! 

As Jeff said "guard your quit" 

Ana

SusanK1960

5/14/20

Congratulations on your first star, DJ!

It’s been a few minutes since we have heard from you.  Hope you are doing well and staying healthy and smoke free!

livtoswim

5/20/20

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out!! today i have been smoke free 17 days 21 hrs and 13 mins. 

I am going to nope so see you there.  Have a great day

Eve1973

5/20/20

Good for you! Keep going! Will be a hard road, but so worth it! Congrats on 17days! I know you will be so happy at 3weeks, 1month, etc. just keep thinking you can do this!

Jatchat

5/21/20

Hi Deanne,

I am right there with you I have  19 days on the 21st May

Keep on keeping on top of your quit

Kind regards

Anthony 

KalyaRed

5/22/20

Hi Marge! 

I just read this today. I was actually in need of an attitude adjustment. 

It was a great read. Indeed we are having a choice, and that's a true blessing. 

I'm going to keep this in mind. 

Onward to day 50!

Ana

slowblumer

5/22/20

Hey Ana,

You had a great attitude to begin with, but we all get weary of the quit ay some point and need motivation.

The article is very helpful in putting things into perspective.  Also recommend the One year and Beyond Milestones.  Each one is so different but holds much wisdom for new quitters and old as well.

Anew924

6/4/20

Thanks for sending that. I just saw that now. Sorry.  Actually it is a really good time I read that. It has been 2 months for me but lately I've been thinking about smoking and want to so bad. I feel like it will just"fix" me,like if only I could have a smoke.  Reading that dear John letter helped me alot, to remind me again how awful smoking is!