About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

May 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 18754 views.
Jatchat

Jun-25

HI Eliza,

I have been on the 14 mg patch about 10 days now, you can certainly tell the difference, more cravings, but I just tell them to bu**er off, will persevere for four weeks then drop down to 7 mg patches, I am anxious to get this quit moving without the patches, but patience with the process, I don't want to relapse, that's the last thing I want.

Kind regards

Anthony 7W

Elizaquits

Jun-26

Hey Anthony!

I am sorry to hear that! I am sure you will get acclimated sooner than later and the cravings will hopefully go away! Kudos on 7 weeks, you are so close to another milestone -  2 months!

I understand what you mean about moving on without the patches, they become tiresome quickly.. but they serve a purpose and are leading you towards freedom! Soon enough they will be in your past! That, and I really believe they helped me develop the mindset that I needed to maintain my quit. I hope you are finding the same to be true for you. 

We got this! Cheers to us and our quits!

Eliza

Jatchat

Jun-29

I've started romanticizing the cigarette again, I just went back and read through my quit reasons again, posted a NOPE, popped a lozenge and now writing to you, I have been feeling low today, and my bones ache think I might be coming down with something, the weather is cool and it has been raining, I don't know how a cigarette would cure all that, it won't. Not long before I go to bed and sleep this day off. There I feel better now, thanks for listening.

Kind regards

Anthony 8W

Elizaquits

Jun-29

Anthony,

First, kudos on 8 weeks!!! That is an accomplishment for sure!!

I am sorry to hear you are feeling low and not well. Those moments seem to be the ones where smoking comes into our minds. Isn't that interesting? To your point, cigarettes would not make us feel better but yet we think about them! Hopefully you wake up feeling better and forget all about the cigarettes. If not, I will be here to listen and talk it out! 

How are things going otherwise? Getting acclimated to the 14mg patch yet?

Jatchat

Jun-29

Hi Eliza, still not used to the 14 mg patch yet and I have been using it for two weeks now, having to supplement with lozenge or gum.

Will try going without either today and just rely on patch.

I feel much better this morning after a good sleep, will also try to achieve more with my time instead of wandering around in a brain fog all day like yesterday.

Kind regards Eliza

Anthony

Elizaquits

Jul-1

Hey Anthony,

Sorry, I missed this yesterday. Having a lozenge or gum is still better than smoking! How are you feeling now? Not just with smoking but physically, you mentioned that you thought you were coming down with something? I hope you are feeling better! I would think however that being sick as a nonsmoker has to be better than being sick as a smoker. Would you believe that when I was a smoker, I would smoke even while sick? One time I had bronchitis and I still smoked! I couldn't taste it and could barely breathe, but there I was outside smoking! Just goes to show how much of an addiction it really is. 

All the best,

Eliza

Jatchat

Jul-1

Thanks Eliza,

Feeling much better now thanks.

I used to get up get dressed at 2 am in the morning and go to the all-night servo just to get a pack of smokes I shudder to think about that now.

Thanks that that is all past tense now.

Kind regards

Anthony 8 W

SusanK1960

Jul-3

Congratulations Deanna!  It is a steady climb for a bit, so keep your focus on dealing with each days trials or tribulations as you have been.  You are doing fabulous!

livtoswim

Jul-3

Thanks Susan for your kind encouragement.   One day at a time.  That's all I got.

It's  Friday laundry day.  I will be distracted today because there is a lot of washing to do with 2 dogs it's never ending vacuuming and washing.  

Have a good day today.

Best

Loreficent

Jul-3

Happy Anniversary Deanne!

Wow! Strong work! You will have to write and tell of the positive things you are noticing. 
That laundry can wait! Go do something wonderful for and with yourself. 
Have you been walking your dogs more since quitting?

Stay the course!