About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

May 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 18974 views.
JerseyDee

Jul-8

Thank you Susan!!  : ) .. That was very nice of you to acknowledge that.  I do not want to duplicate myself as I just got done writing Lori a long email .. but things have been crazy on my end between things going on with my dad and helping him that taking up a lot of my time and also things are just crazy at work and on top of that mad at a bad hair appt ..

But the quit is going well.  Hung out with non smokers only this weekend so that temptation was not there.  Still on the gum but holding strong.  

I do not know how much time I will have to be on this board right now with all that is going on in my life .. but will try to at least squeeze a few mins in in the early am to at least make my NOPE pledge.

This should be my last week of working full time hours .. thank God as it's all been too much on my back and in a lot of pain.  The new M-W replacement has been in another office training last week and this week then next week her and I will work together a couple of days so I can bring her up to speed on things specific to this office ...

Then THAT should be it .. the week after I should be back to just my Thrs-Fri schedule and give my back and legs a break from sitting so much.  Have knee surgery planned for 8/10 and that sucks in the middle of the summer but is a necessity .. and otherwise hard to believe it's July and that the summer is just getting away from me.

Had a nice time down the shore the other weekend and another friend (a non smoker) and I are planning a day trip down there not this weekend but next.  The sand, the waves .. just so nice to decompress.

I have so much on my mind that I think it is playing tricks on me as last night I found myself sleep walking in the middle of the night .. I do take an RX sleep aid and I wonder if that is messing with my mind as well? .. been up for the day since 4:15 this morning and workout and chores all done and about to jump in the shower and get a move on here.

Had a falling out with a very good friend of mine over the weekend.  A misunderstanding but that is heavy on mind as well .. so my dad, work, hair, and Laura (friend) .. are all taking up my brain space .. but cigarettes are NOT!!

All that said, thanks for reaching out and acknowledging.  Have a GREAT day and talk soon!  - Dee

SusanK1960

Jul-8

Hey sweet lady,

Congratulations on 2 stars!  

Loreficent

Jul-8

CONGRATULATIONS PEGGY!!!!

Wow! 2 months today! I’m so happy for you and so proud of you!

This is a very big accomplishment! Hope you treat yourself well today.

Cheers onto month 3! Woohoo!

birdbeebeetlehorserabbitcat2star2goatrainbowsunny!

euknight

Jul-8

Oh thank you my sweet girls, Lore and Susan!!!  You guys are so wonderful and seriously make this thing kinda awesome!!!  Course we don’t like the pain but the laughs etc make it just really touch my heart.

Could not do this without y’all.  Love Starfish.  Love fun animals, bugs , birds, rainbow, star.  Was a fabulous day catching up with a few old friends and silky smooth laps in the pool tonight.

Hugs and thanks again

Peggy

CC to SusanK1960
In reply toRe: msg 378
MichaelaOana

Sep-4

Hey, friends!

How are you all?

I am four mounths and 5 days smoke free!

I had two jobs and now some problems on one knee, stayng in bed and reading.

I missed you all.

Still using gum and inhaler but very proud I am non smoker! I wont rush it so I dont lose it. I care too much on this quit.

Somentimes I feel so calm, sometimes so nervous, but at the end of the day I thank God I dont put that poison in my mouth on and on.

The life of a non smoker is beautifull. My hair looks better, my skin as well, I feel more confident and not depressed about the money. Wherever I go and see smokers I feel sorry for them and I must say this...I stay as far as I can. My friends are all non smokers.

Hugs from Romania