About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

May 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 17185 views.
Nope62

May-6

Hi!

I haven't been on here for a few days because I lost my Quit on Monday. There's no excuse for it! I just didn't keep my mind in the reality of my situation. The Junkie thinking got me. 20 days quit gone! I just wanted to let you know why I haven't been here, and Thank you and everyone here for the support you gave me.

I'll be back!

Jeff

Loreficent

May-7

Well, are you back in the saddle Jeff?? 
Dust off and get back in the ring buddy. You can do this. Mind over matter. We’ve all been there so no shame in it. 
I really hope you’re still in the running! Let us know.

We are all here for you and we are stronger together.

In reply toRe: msg 74
MichaelaOana

May-7

Hello friends. I am one week smoke-free relaxed

I must confess that was a brute period of my life as I lost some interviews for a new job, I had some problems with a neighbor, I cried a lot and I was very angry but I did not smoke.

I even found a cigarette. It somehow shocked me, I was a very heavy smoker but I did not touch it. The mindset is changed, it helps me a lot listening all night autohypnosis. I have an entire playlist. Somewhere on this forum, I read ones that a lady used autohypnosis  3 months every night when she went to sleep.

It helps me when I eat eucalyptus and mint candies, drink water, sleep when I need to.

I bought my self a little treat, a face cream with high sun protection for the moments I will stay with the face at the sun, a happy and a proud smoke-free woman.

Kind regards and stay healthy.

slowblumer

May-7

Hi there Jeff,

Sorry to hear that.  I hope you will jump back into your quit soon.  Don't let the relapse keep you from getting back up and fighting again.   You are stronger than you think.   Don't get mad at yourself, get mad at the cigarette.

How Do I Recover From A Smoking Relapse?

When someone relapses, sometimes they feel like everything is lost and ‘what’s the use' in trying any longer. They also tend to feel guilty and depressed and keep beating themselves up about failing.

Musivore

May-7

Hey, you did so well Michaela. Sounds like a horrible period that you got through without smoking. If you can do that, you can do anything.

I must confess, I'd have crumbled when you found the cigarette, if not before. Well done you

DebraAnne60

May-7

Well done!  Cheers to you!! Give yourself a pat on the back (as we would if we were there with you) and be proud of yourself.  You have begun the build of your foundation.  

I am not sure if I sent this to you already but in the event that I have not, here is a link to Allan Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking

http://prdupl02.ynet.co.il/ForumFiles_2/15119301.pdf

If you have not yet read it, it comes highly recommended.  

We are here for you so keep in touch.

MichaelaOana

May-7

Thanks. I must say I hated that cigarette when I saw it. Brought me so many problems in the past, nothing good.

MichaelaOana

May-7

Debra, Thanks. I did read the book ten times allready.

DebraAnne60

May-7

Your welcome.  Ten times and already?  What did you think of it?

In reply toRe: msg 81
Jatchat

May-7

Hi there,

I am in the practice of linking images to my goals/reasons for quitting smoking.

My reason this morning is to be more active and the linked image is:-

Kind regards

Anthony

Quit date May 2nd 2020 11:15 pm