About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 31550 views.
TinyBadger

6/16/20

Good for you! You'll get this thing whipped, I know you will. Distraction does wonders. I've been at work, eating all day. I'm on day 6 and I've been fine until today. I'm not sure what's happening, but its not good. Did anyone else get this? I've been so good lately, now I'm struggling. 

overdoz

6/16/20

Oh yeah, i just had made it 5 days and broke down yesterday and smoked 3 cigs, im going to try the twelve steps that have helped me stop drinking now for 2 months, admitted that we were powerless over smoking, that our lives had become unmanageable...

Overdoz quit 04-16-2020

TinyBadger

6/16/20

That sounds like a good idea. I have heard of people quitting that way, because they are both addictions. I'd be interested to see if you find success that way.

Tabitha1104

6/16/20

Not alone. This is my first time quitting smoking and will be my lastno negatives right! 

In reply toRe: msg 79
Tabitha1104

6/16/20

Struggling s little here..will star dinner to get it off my mind

TinyBadger

6/16/20

You can do this! I'm a total weakling and I'm doing it, so I know that you can! Hold fast and take heart, we are in this together!

KittieM

6/16/20

I have been clenching my jaw in my sleep! And yes.... it seems that your brain gets hijacked and you don't even think of gum (which I hate) or lollies or flicking an elastic band on your wrist and then suddenly you have this forehead slapping DAHHHH moment.  Sheesh. Good for you though! and well done! No one said it would be easy right? smile