About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 34115 views.
gkim

Feb-3

MD, that’s great! You’re now on your way. You are so ready and strong! 

Glammy2016

Feb-3

Its still a rollercoaster. Im also learning how important my changed routine is. I didnt follow it yesterday morning and I was off the entire day. Feeling a bit more zen today. I know its going to be up and down for awhile but I really want to be free. Thanks for the kind words

abrewster14

Feb-3

Congrats on another day smoke free. I can only speak for me it’s been 33 days the last few have been way better. But you have to be kind to yourself. This a tremendously hard endeavor. I have had some days that I took it hour by hour. But still hanging in there. 

Lubbercat

Feb-3

Just hang in there.  We all have good and bad days.......we will get there. 

MDS27

Feb-3

Thanks gkim,

Yeah, day 4 now and really feeling like a better person. I was carrying a lot of shame and guilt around not being able to stop and I just feel so much better being able to control myself.

Glammy2016

Feb-3

Hey chloe I just bought the book. Its only 99 cents on kindle for anybody else interested Im excited to get started. The art and power of acceptance. We have a prayer in AA called the acceptance prayer. Acceptance and living life in lifes terms has been huge in my recovery from alcohol so im excited to read this book ?

Glammy2016

Feb-3

This is the prayer

And acceptance is the answer to all my 
problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some 
person, place, thing or situation - some fact of my life - unacceptable 
to me. I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or 
situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. 
Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until 
I could accept my alcoholism , I could not stay sober; unless I accept 
life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to 
concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as 
on what needs to be changed in me and my attitudes.

I can easily apply it to my nicotine addiction as well... ie. .until i could accept my addiction to nicotine I could not quit smoking..

gkim

Feb-3

Glammy, thank you for this post. I can relate to this on so many levels. I also had to accept that I am an addict in order to get well. And you are so right that God does not make mistakes but He certainly can take our mistakes and work it for good. 

Glammy2016

Feb-4

I forgot about this app. Dont know if the link will show up but you put the date and time you quit and other info. Then it keeps track of your time down to the second money saved health benefits life time saved etc. Its pretty great. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.despdev.quitsmoking

In reply toRe: msg 252
Glammy2016

Feb-6

Good morning everyone happy smoke free saturday. Its quite in here. Did our forum get moved when Feb. Started?