About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 32021 views.
gkim

Feb-9

Well we’ll never be sick of hearing from you. We all get it. 

abrewster14

Feb-9

I know guys are are it means a ton!! Thank you so much 

MDS27

Feb-9

Thanks for the link and congrats on 5 weeks. That's really awesome. Lock in those gains! 

I'm 10 days now and at the end of each day I draw a blue dot over the day in the year planner in the front of my diary. It's become a real source of pride to fill it in and I've got a nice little string of dots going now!

Lubbercat

Feb-10

I have to laugh about your "blue dot" I just put an "X" on each day of my calendar and I love those "X's".  I also color in a square on a graph chart page that I do for every 1/4 mile of walking each day.............It is a sense of pride to be able to physically see it!

Loreficent

Feb-10

Haha! 

Ok you guys...I must be missing something with this link you mention. When I try to go there I get this page that says “Forbidden “.  So, what is it? joy

I like the marking of time idea too! Strong work. 

CC to Lubbercat
Nope62

Feb-11

I hope you are doing well.

The link I posted to MDS27  was about 'No Mans Land" as it pertains to quitting smoking.

It won't work for me now either.

I'm not sure why it won't come up.

Take Care!

• Edited February 11, 2021 12:15 am  by  Nope62
Loreficent

Feb-11

I’m doing good, thank you! You too? You’re doing great with this quit for sure. I used the patches too. I think you are very wise to keep them handy! There was a stressful (and fun) time when an unexpected visitor came to stay with me last August and I had been off the patches for a couple of months. Boy, I was triggered with the smoking voice for sure! So I put a patch on even though I hadn’t used one for quite a while. I figured it was better than talking myself into “just one”. Well, it did the trick and I used a patch for most of her visit and then came off it no problem and no regrets either. At least I didn’t smoke!

Bummer about the link. It sounds like a fascinating topic. I kind of live in that “No Man’s Land” most days, lol! joy So would have been fun to read about how it relates to smoking cessation. 

Take care and stay strong!!!blush

• Edited February 11, 2021 12:22 am  by  Loreficent
Nope62

Feb-11

I'm trying it again. This might not be the same one, but it is about the same subject. If the link doesn't work, you can google it and several links will come up.  (No Man's land quitting smoking)

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-approximate

I'm like most people here, I have bad days and good days. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

In reply toRe: msg 277
abrewster14

Feb-11

Congrats everyone. I hate the link isn’t working it was really hopeful and I was hoping to use it again in the future bummer. 
42 days smoke free. 
I have to stay I got the second shot of moderna Tuesday and have been down with side effects including 102 fever chills body aches and headaches. I have to say a I’m exhausted but feeling better b. I’m sooooo happy I didn’t have to deal with smoking on top of the side effects 

Loreficent

Feb-11

Hey Abrew...(not sure what you like to be called?)

The last link Nope62 sent just above your previous post works. It’s pretty fascinating. I will say bookmark it and hang onto it. I definitely remember that “no man’s land” space. I think I was calling it the “where the heck am I” space. Some days still do. But it’s certainly a better and more comfortable space physically than where I was as a smoker. Mostly it’s a better space mentally too. 

Happy to hear you got your 2nd dose! Cheers! I got my second a few weeks ago and also had body effects. They sucked for a little over two days. Got my shot at 7pm on a Wednesday and woke with a 102° temp Thursday morning, about 12 hours later. The joint pain was intense, as were the chills. I was so excited! All I kept thinking was how my body was reacting so strongly and working so hard making antibodies. It’s really body effects more than vaccine side effects. Maybe semantics to some, but the difference is important. Fever lasted a good 48 hours. Also, I definitely know now what “fatigue” means. Can’t say I really ever felt that before. The other thing I kept thinking, and there is likely absolutely NO correlation and is likely my own conjecture, but, if my body reacted like it did to the one spike protein in the vaccine, what would have happened to me with COVID19?? Like I said, perhaps no correlation, but perhaps I may have been one of the unfortunate statistics too. Hopefully now I will never know! Getting that vaccine was liking winning the lottery to me. Absolutely worth every minute of my body’s response. About half of my colleagues reacted that way, with at least some fever and body aches, headache, fatigue. All of us were better in 48-ish hours. 
We are all a little concerned that the response to it, which seems to be about 51% of folks have a stronger one, may deter folks from getting it. I sure hope not. All of my colleagues that got COVID were down more than a week, some a few weeks, and one on a ventilator for 8 days and still not back to work. All of them are under 55 years old. None have other medical issues. Actually the the ventilator one is mid 40’s, maybe 15-20 pounds overweight but that’s it. So, yeah....we were all happy to deal with a couple of days down knowing that when we come back, we have some protection. Hang in there. Take some ibuprofen and stay very well hydrated. This will pass. You’re doing so so well not smoking! This is just another notch on your list of things you will overcome and be on the other side even stronger!!