About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 33880 views.
Glammy2016

Mar-29

Thanks Eve I hope you had another great smoke free day

In reply toRe: msg 405
Glammy2016

Apr-4

Hope everyone  is having a happy smober Easter. It's awful quite here.

Loreficent

Apr-4

Happy Easter Glammy!

You are doing so well! How long smober are you now? You’ll have to share with us some things you notice that are improved. I like your new picture too with your sassy and adorable hairstyle!blush

In reply toRe: msg 407
abrewster14

Apr-8

Hey guys. I’m glad to hear everyone is doing so well. I’m at 3 months and 7 days. I never thought I would ever in a million years thought I would get here. That being said. I’m still coughing up a lot of mucus. I have to stay I have loved Pilates and do it twice a week. Work has been extremely stressful and I’m moving from a place I’ve lived for 13 years tomorrow to a bigger better place but I’m scared I’ll miss my home longest I’ve ever lived somewhere. Honestly I’m white knuckling not to go but a pack. 

Loreficent

Apr-8

Hey Annie,

Of course it feels like you need to go buy a pack. But you don’t. Change, even good change, is hard without our old “buddy”. You can get through it. Embrace the newness. Start off in your place with it being a place you never been a smoker and by the time you go to bed that first night there you will be so happy about that. The first year, or year of firsts, both the same, is filled with these things you will face and think you need a smoke, or think you can’t get through without a smoke. Each one will leave you a bit stronger and a bit more able to trust and believe in yourself. Just let it happen. It’s gonna be soooo good. 

Loreficent

Apr-9

So how are you? Did the move go ok? How exciting even though so much work. Hope all is well and the knuckles not so white tonight! 

abrewster14

Apr-9

Hey Lori first day of the move today we put in the ceiling fans and drapes today. The movers come tomorrow at 9:00am. I had a smoke lady night in a panic but (in fairness I’m on Wellbutrin) I hand maybe three drags it hurt my lungs and tasted awful. I’m disappointed but more committed 

Loreficent

Apr-10

Yes, I know that disappoint well Anne. It doesn’t feel good. Good news is, as you said you can use it to redirect and carry on. This is a hard time, not just with everything you have going on, but the time space of your quit.
Be really honest with yourself when you think about it again on what those few drags did for you. Let it go, recommit, move forward. You can do this.