About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

IT ALWAYS SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE UNITL ITS DONE    One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Jan-16 by leighmomof2; 777 views.
leighmomof2

Jan-16

Its done. Impossible no more. I MADE IT TO THE CLUB HOUSE!!  

This past year was often a struggle. I have cried. I have screamed. I have felt angry, empty, scared, alone, frustrated..  I have basically been to hell and back....

I used to stare at the saying “It always seems impossible until its done” and dreamt of this day. The day I can say “its done”. 

I have learned there is much truth in the saying “The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do”.  The last year I finally decided enough was enough. If I wanted to stop being a smoker, I simply had to stop smoking.   By trying to "hide" my smoking, I was only fooling myself.   

Also, the saying "The secret to permanently breaking any bad habit is to love something greater than the habit."    I learned that I had to love myself. Forgive myself and the shame I felt for poisoning myself for so long. I was worth the fight. In the end, I have learned to love myself more than I ever loved smoking. I actually have learned that I never really did love smoking. It was all a lie.   

I AM FREE!!!!

SusanK1960

Jan-16

Beautifully said!  You are a winner!

• Edited January 16, 2020 2:52 pm  by  SusanK1960
Matt1961

Jan-16

Susan is right - you sure are a winner. 

You inspire me.  I only have 11 months to go to catch up to you.  I sure hope I can remain as strong as you are.

Congratulations and well said.  

Hope you will celebrate big time and treat yourself to something special  -  considering all the $$ you have saved by not smoking.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE NOW IN THE CLUBHOUSE!!!!!!!!!

Your post will definitely inspire new quitters to hang in there and develop a solid quit mindset by sticking close to the forum. All of your quit buddies helped you stay on target and now your new you begins. Life as a quitter is so much better no more regrets just positivity. Way to Go!! You are definitely no sissy!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

ModDee

Jan-16

Congratulations on one year of freedom! What an awesome accomplishment.  Welcome to the clubhouse!

cherbearquit

Jan-16

Congrats on 1 Year! That is awesome! Thank you for sharing your accomplishment, as it is such a motivation for all of us who follow in your footsteps.  You should be proud of yourself for overcoming one of the hardest bad habits there is! Be sure to reward yourself! 

Quit 12/6/19

Jatchat

Jan-17

Congratulations Leigh,

Well done you just show me what perseverance accomplishes if you set your mind on a goal. You're an inspiration to us new quitters. Enjoy your new found status.

Kind regards

Anthony

ModAndrea

Jan-17

Congratulations on ONE YEAR, Leigh!

Welcome to the Clubhouse!

Thank you for a tremendous milestone post. It's sure to inspire others. 

You did it!

Love and hugs,

Andrea

Brenda (1sept19)

Jan-17

A great big CONGRATULATIONS to you and a beautiful post.  I am so happy for your freedom.