About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge WED March 25 ..   General Chit-Chat

Started Mar-25 by JerseyDee; 374 views.
Jatchat

Mar-25

Great thanks DebraAnne, six days in

Eve1973

Mar-25

Great! Anthony keep going!

Jatchat

Mar-25

Thanks Eve

cherbearquit

Mar-25

You are doing great Anthony! I will join you all and pledge NOPE! Who else will join us? Stay strong everyone!

Quit 12/6/19

Jatchat

Mar-25

Thank you cherbearquit

Loreficent

Mar-25

That’s fantastic! Almost done with hell week! Oh yeah...

Ovivi

Mar-25

I pledge a loud defiant NOPE today.

Jatchat

Mar-25

Thanks Loreficent

In reply toRe: msg 1
JerseyDee

Mar-27

This is an addendum to my post from yesterday.  I have just not calculated that thanks to the cost of cigarettes going up the week after i quit I have saved $330 so far since my quit.  THAT is a real chunk of change.  I am glad to be getting rid of this expensive and murderous monster. 

My lungs and my bank account thanks me.  As does my hair and clothes that smell better. As does my skin that has a more healthy glow about it lately.  As do my non-smoking friends and family who want to see me live a long life.

I am on day 22 now and going pretty strong.  I have just popped in my first piece of gum for the day and I am ALRIGHT with this.  I will chew 2-3 pieces a day for as long as I need to.  I may especially need this during this shut down when I have way too much extra time on my hands.

I was going to take Eve's advice and throw the dog in a car and take a drive and end up wherever .. somewhere without people around and crowds around .. and take her for a walk there.  Looking at it as an adventure.  However, looks like we are going to be getting rain this weekend : ( ..

I guess I might look for some retail therapy even if only window shopping for now.  There ARE other things I can be doing online as well like some work to get caught up on and I think I will find the energy to do so now.

Am trying to keep a very low profile right now but tomorrow i do have to go to the pharmacy to pick up some med refills and I will also need a 2 week supply of groceries again next Friday .. I think I am going to do that online though as our store is now offering free curbside pick up service .. I guess you should just give the person a tip though?

Who knows when life will be getting back to normal but I, for one, am really going to look for the silver lining in all of this .. I am keeping clean and as I said in the beginning of this post my lungs and bank account for starters thank me for this.

Have a fun question for everyone .. once life gets back to normal and you can start saving your old cigarette money again what are you going to do with it?  Does anyone have a particular big ticket item for next year?  THAT is something that keeps me going  .. WHAT a reward we will all receive for our hard work and dedication ..

I think I will start another post with that very question .. please everyone answer .. let's keep that thread going to provide us all with some reading material .. it will provide a nice distraction!