About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Why 9 is a magical number?   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started 5/5/20 by Rich (lexx0); 1333 views.
Rich (lexx0)

5/7/20

Thanks sweetie.  I plan to be riding next week if my hip shot takes effect. Two months ago all of a sudden, pain. The real pain is a new motorcycle sitting in my garage that I can't use yet though.  Its liberating riding all day and not trying to puff on a smoke in the wind or stopping every half hour ;p

Cheers, Rich

I hope your mom will get loving care. I am working as an aide since I'm a retired registered practical nurse. At least I can give the regular staff some extra help transferring residents in and out of bed, dressing and changing them and making sure they are clean and well fed. They deserve to be treated with dignity and all of our governments need to pay these nurses higher wages as they are litterly putting their own lives on the line. I am helping as best I can and for as long as they need me. Life is precious and we've lost way too many young people as well as old people from this horrible covid 19 virus. We wear protecting gear but it is so hot and sweaty wearing it while giving care to all the residents. Many people want life to return to normal but it will still take a vaccine till we get true freedom. This is like an end of life horror movie that is moving in slow motion. I know all of us just want our normal lives back. I hope you and your wife stay well and conquer your own battles over cancer. Take care Rich.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Brenda (1sept19)

5/14/20

Hope the pain subsides soon and you can ride once again.  Nothing like riding to get the right perspective on life.  9 years is wonderful, I will get there some day, one day at a time.  Take care Rich and may you feel the wind in your face soon.

Rich (lexx0)

5/14/20

Had a shot yesterday, it may seem that I'm allergic to it though. I'm going to start exercising more in hopes of getting the pain to subside. Hopefully it will get better in the coming weeks.

Keep at it Brenda.  I know its been particularly hard for you to maintain a lasting quit, but I'm sure you can do it. Once you quit smoking you can never go back to being a 'happy smoker' again, not with all the knowledge we've learned from this site.  God bless you sweetie.

Rich

JerseyDee

5/15/20

Good Morning Rich -- Yes, I am going to start to wean myself off the gum on Monday.  Going to get some 20MG and alternate between 4MG and 2MG and only take 2 a day, not the 3 I have been taking. 

But in the meantime I AM saving a ton.  I can get a month's worth of them gum online for $25 .. I used to spend $300 a month on cigarettes!   Huge difference.

I felt like I could not do this cold turkey initially and I needed this step with the gum .. but I feel I need to start that tritration downward now.  

Rich (lexx0)

5/15/20

Good for you. I still have a few friends stuck on the inhalers too. Cessation used to mean NO nicotine, not only that delivered in cigarettes.  Sounds like you have a great plan going forward ;D

Rich

Awesome Job Rich!

glad to see you're still doing great!

best

Rich (lexx0)

8/12/20

Same back to you Steve.  Can you believe we met in this section 9 years ago?

Can't wait to read your wings messages ;D