About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 45563 views.
Loreficent

Jul-31

OMG...I feel like that little sideways doggy picture of yours!scream

Loreficent

Jul-31

So I had planned to go to the coast today, which after I got home and got her message knew that wasn’t gonna happen. Then I had worked this complicated trade at work to get out early Sunday and go to the Mountain and be there by mid afternoon and all day Monday. Well...at least I got that time off now when she is here. Ok. Am calmer now and accepting the facts. Will be fine. Just fine. But now I gotta work next Saturday to pay my colleague back and that would have been the first day alone again after she goes. My neighbor is fine with me switching days up there. He doesn’t go that much now and said I can go any other days  in August. I just don’t want to miss all the wildflowers!!! 

TinyBadger

Aug-1

Good gravy! Unexpected guests are s personal nightmare for me! Keep the dog away from herbal treats, for heaven's sake. I agree that you should take long walks and show her the kombucha. Just do the things you like to do and take her along for the ride. Certainly you have a hobby or an interest you can show her...find a craft or a puzzle for her to work on while you're out walking. Let her cook dinner, or at least help. Take good care of yourself so you DO NOT lose this quit! This is too important to lose. I promise you, you are strong and confident and brave. You got this. Post a lot, visit John, play the piano, do whatever it takes to keep your quit! Don't forget to post an sos. 

Loreficent

Aug-1

Thanks Tiny!!

yes...far too important to lose and I won’t! Actually is going better than expected so far...she is also quit, longer than me and very focused on it too. But yes, it is the short notice unexpected part that throws me. I love spontaneity in many ways...perhaps not unexpected house guests for a week in a pandemic not so much though! More later...gotta run and get more ice cream as it seems her and Pat ate it all while I worked today! Lol! Thank you so much for the support...I appreciate it! How are you doing with the lower patch? Better now?

Oh...and yes...I had a very frank talk about the only place the “herbals” are allowed and gave a space in a drawer that closes tightly!

euknight

Aug-2

Lore

Hey my friend.  I’m sorry I did have to laugh about your work humor on who will be first....that comic relief is for survival, believe me I get it.  I remember drawing pics of certain challenging students and cutting them up dur ing conference periods.  Of course ya don’t want  it to really happen.  Sometimes we have to break the “I think I am losing it” stress level anyway you can, right?  We are not malicious people but we are human.

So cool you can actually walk to work!  Don’t blame ya when it hits 100. Was nice to have the car.  My neighbors were over yesterday and Robt worked forever in the once again typical Texas frying pan August heat on my tractor to no avail.  This guy does not quit.  He is pretty amazing actually.  Did get my garage door fixed...yay!  Then we went and had these killer shaved ice salted Carmel to die for things.  Fun.

Yessssssss  I have been to Michigan Lakes!  Also MINN.  My dad had a college friend that had a cabin on a lake outside Lansing.  I was pretty young.  We went to different resorts up there for vaycay andI will never forget the feel of that cold lake water.  So hard to describe but so totally different..thicker?  Definitely cooler on the skin than Texas Lakes.  Eating Pike.  My best friend took me on her family vacations up there too.  So loved the woods too. That is the coolest memory of your trip with your Dad.  Smoking bowls, working on the roof at 95.  No doubt there is something deep down that tells a person....you may die anytime now when you reach your 90’s.  Surely your 100’s!!!!!  Just a calm quiet wisp of a feeling.  Nothing fear filled or disturbing.

Cleaned then did laps under the LED bright almost full Sturgeon moon.  Only certain laps gave me a glimpse of the moon, then other views thru the branches of a perfectly obstructing the view tree, but it was exciting to peer around and see it when I got into alignment.  Left water on last night so was almost on overflow.  Cool still.  Soft, glide.

Tab is all better, thanks for asking.....could have been opossum....anything.  She is a tough gal!!!  Loves her guard duty.

I cannot believe that naked Athena was real!  Glad you can experience the artistic in that.  It is very bizarre to me.  Whoa baby!  Glad to hear groups are trying to police their own.  Sigh. Yep News=Big Tobacco=Big Pharm.................and the beat goes on

Wow your dreams Covid and smoke.  Mine foreign countries and dead people.  Hope all is going well with your house guest.  Look forward to seeing those posts!!  Kind of cool in a way that a relative thinks in terms of open door policy....I imagine the world use to be that way.  Laura...my neighbor is soooooo ready for her stepson and wife to leave.  6 weeks every summer.  That would really be tough.  I remember being the house for The ex’s divorced friends......months at a time on my off months!!  I liked them....we just like our space too.

Have a beautiful Sunday Eve!! ( Hi Eve)

euknight

Aug-2

BRAVO EVE on these  innovative ideas.  Love them all!!

Thanks for the laugh.  Sounds like it is going pretty good.  Go Lori!!!!!  You can do this!!  You will be fine.  I agree with the ladies to delegate time with her others.  No, Pat, you cannot leave.

She was is an RN....she will understand the several hour walk surely!!!

And Yes, as Tiny reiterated herbs are to be put into closed drawers.  The story is horrible....funny?  Maybe not.  I don’t know about medical grade...700 bucks for the dog cos he was stoned out of his mind?  Whoa.

I hear ya....it is more the thought that gets one craving, the change.  Always is. This passes

So How has it been today?

Hugs.......

Eve1973

Aug-2

Sometimes when you and Lore talk I feel I missed an inside joke, or maybe a different post. I try hard .......I really do to follow you both......missing something.lol

Glad Tab better.....did you fix her up with some “herbs” that cost $700.00? Confused. Does Lore have a “herbs” drawer? 

Are you both having weird dreams? I had a weird dream about Covid. I guess it’s a thing to dream about now. Don’t remember it now, but just know it was odd. 

I want you both to know since hitting the 6 month mark, it so far is better.....don’t want to jinx myself, but it does seem better. I haven’t been thinking about it as much as before. Want you to know this to have something to possibly look forward to. Busy weekend. So off to bed.....sweet dreams Ladies!

CC to Loreficent
Loreficent

Aug-2

OMG! Now you crack me up! Cut up pictures....Oh boy...Hilarious! I might have to try that one. Yes. Humor is vital to survival, yes? Well...I ended up working the whole day as my relief didn’t show up. Sick apparently. So that was the first bad news. Second bad news is Pat and the Aunt ate all the ice cream AGAIN!  So now I worked all day, missed the Mountain when the Moon is gorgeous and still no ice cream. disappointed Good news though is I will not have to work next weekend to pay them back so should be able to get to the Mountain after she leaves...Yay!!
So Sturgeon moon, eh? Nice. There is a Sturgeon pond here at the Bonneville Dam. Has a viewing area underneath and you can watch those big old fish swim around...Wow. Impressive! So big. Like the Moon. Ha!

Just got home so this will be short and will reply more later but wanted to say how much I appreciated reading what you wrote as I was able to read it while at work but didn’t have time to reply. It totally made my day!! And Eve...no...I am not into the “herbals”! Haha! No, not my thing really. I gave the Aunt a drawer to put her medical herbal stuff in as last time she was careless and the dog got it and, yes, $700 at the Emergency Vet as a result. Ugh. I’m sorry you get lost in our conversation! That’s kind of funny though and makes me smile! 
But yeah...you wrote several things to get me thinking...about Michigan and water...dreams...and Pike! Mmmm... Memories for sure. Lazy hot summer nights, night swimming. Oh my. If only right now....

CC to Eve1973
Jatchat

Aug-3

Hi Musivore,

I can't say my quit experience was quite so intense but that's because I am using NRT and that somewhat tempers the situation, I was using 21 mg for 4 days but have cut back to 14 mg on day 5. I am using the occasional 4 mg lozenge with it I was a 30/day smoker quite heavy for 40 years, I am so grateful for the chance to give up smoking and look forward to the day when I can kiss the NRT goodbye, but nor before I have modified my thinking and behavior.

Congratulations on your quit

Kind regards

Anthony

Loreficent

Aug-3

Oh...I’m ready for that soft glide you speak of. Actually...just reading it when you write that gives me a moment of escape. It just sounds so...peaceful. Like perhaps maybe a Mermaid might feel when the Moon is full and the waters calm and she has nothing better to do than just gently glide through the water and softly reach out and touch some of the creatures there, or perhaps just flow through, arms trailing behind, hair flowing out and at times washing in front of her face and with a subtle flick of her head the hair again washes behind leaving all the sea in her view for as far as she can see...shadows from the moon passing it’s light through the water creating the dancing movement of light on the sand below. I wonder if the depths of the ocean become quieter and calmer at night as things do on the land? I’ve not learned much about the creatures there and the distinction between diurnal and nocturnal. 
I do know I would love to be at the Coast tonight with the Sturgeon Moon that I just read all about. I also think there is something to my inner workings that seems to fluctuate some with the phases and I always sense a bit of sadness the nights after the full moon when I am aware of the waning and fading light. 
I can see the thought of Athena as being a bit odd that someone could muster the strength to do that. I could not for sure, but I definitely saw the beauty in it...and the totally surreal experience of watching it...it was the statement that struck me so. The baring of her flesh and the beauty of her poses with the backdrop of the Feds in all of their over-done riot gear and weapons. I wanted badly to venture to that side for a moment to have also the view they had with the protesters as the backdrop. I don’t think that would have held the same artistic element for me though as she would have just appeared as a naked woman in front of a bunch of people at night and it could have been construed with an entirely different meaning from that vantage point. Not to mention I was much safer where I was. I happened to move away from the guy vaping at just the right moment to have an unobstructed view of the entire scene and I am thankful now as I would have missed the whole scene. I would imagine none of those Feds being from PDX found the experience quite odd and they likely will not have that experience again... Yeah...kind of like a PDX version of Lady Godiva except the issue there was different and she wasn’t wearing a mask...

Yup...the beat goes on... Love how you put that by the way Peggy. 

Praying I get to walk off on my own some tonight. May have to vocalize that need...something I’m not always good at... still...making it without smokes so all is well.