About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 45984 views.
Loreficent

Aug-21

Soo...does she look sweeet???

Pure demon seed at rest here...

xvaper

Aug-21

Same here. I have rescued countless cats, and had to socialize quite a few. It is a bit of an ordeal because my cats do not want any cats around them so if it is a socially challenged cat I have to use my basement level to have them. I paid $$$$ for surgeries, meds, food and dentals..and I feed the ferals too. To be honest it is quite exhausting and interferes with my life a lot, especially living on my own, but I can't see animals suffer in front of me and do nothing. That's one of the reason I want to move out of here, I cant bare to see this anymore..When I don't actively rescue, I volunteer to drive etc.

Towards the end of WW2, Berlin Zoo was bombed, and some animals .escaped The zoo keeper was asked if the animals that escaped were dangerous. He replied that people are much more dangerous. True story.

xvaper

Aug-21

Thank you Peggy. I think it was the surprise element more than anything else..she was lively and then to get the news was difficult. I have a rough evening. Eventually I took a few drags from a joint (not mixed with tobacco!!) and it helped..before that I thought about a cigaret but not enough to really struggle and once I took those puffs I forgot all about wanting a cigaret. I think it makes me not want one instead of increasing the pang. In any event this morning I had coffee with a friend who was smoking and I really didn't want one. It was a thought but not a craving at all. Having said that my cravings are in the evenings so it was easier.

In reply toRe: msg 372
xvaper

Aug-21

You guys are making me so jealous. I live to swim, and have not swam even once this summer. I want to swim in the lake upstate but if its freezing water (September after all) I won't get to do that...I have no access to someone's private pool unfortunately.

TinyBadger

Aug-21

Awww! I'm touched by your generosity. My husband and you are like two peas in a pod! You have a kind heart and that makes me glad to (sort of) know you. You never really know anyone online, but your stories indicate you are tenderhearted and I appreciate that. 

TinyBadger

Aug-21

What kind of dog is this? Not demon seed, no, but perhaps mischievous? Too smart for its own good?

xvaper

Aug-21

(blushing) thank you...You can't trust people who don't love animals..

TinyBadger

Aug-21

I think my dogs are excellent judges of character. They know what's up. 

Loreficent

Aug-21

Isn’t she hilarious?? We aren’t quite sure, maybe some type of Terrier/ Chihuahua mix...? She is a ton of fun really and I call her demon because of how she gets after the kitties. It is a term of endearment for her, LoL!! She is actually a very good little doggy. She loves to go on walks and I can honestly say I have never ever heard her bark when out and about. Just when someone is at the door, as she should. I usually walk her first for about half hour than go back out in my walks alone.

She has close to 10 Grand in her knees and other vet expenses from medical marijuana that she consumed.... 

TinyBadger

Aug-21

Ahh, the things we do for love. It's nice you walk her. A lot of people don't walk their dogs. My neighbor has a cat named muffin and she ties him to the front porch for outdoor time. Hopefully he doesn't get caught off guard by an animal because he will have no escape. Yeah, keep the medical herbs away from the pooch. I imagine it could cause irreprabile damage.