About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 45175 views.
xvaper

Aug-21

She is adorable.

euknight

Aug-21

Ok that dog is a scream!!  Lol.  Demon seed.  Can just picture her going after the cats.  She kind of has a demon look poor thing.  Glad she is loved!!,!  That wirey fur.....oh would not want her running around here during bur season!!  Eeeek!!

our horse trainer brought her Blue Healer, Quigley over here who helps train horses.  What a character!!  I had never seen one and said that is the ugliest dog I have ever seen....so ugly it is cute!!  I may have hurt her feelings.  Ooops.  Anyway the neighbors dog use to come over and hang with my dogs...he was a Blue Healer too.  They were the same age at the time and played all day.  At day’s end we would say...“Go home, little Healer” and he would put his head down and slowly walk toward home. He came over every day.  I finally fed him and he never left again.  He wanted so bad to live here so I put my foot down.  You know his owners never said a word to me?  They knew he was here, saw me muling around with him right by my side.  How could they not want him?  Anyway that breed is my second favorite.  So loyal and smart.  

In the country people just drop dogs off a lot.  I wanted cameras to find out who was dropping them off.  Infuriated me!!,  Dogs and cats.  We would need cameras to line the whole road tho.  

Hope you are better, X.  We all have your back.  I have paid the big bucks for strays too, believe me.  Just can’t afford it anymore.  The dog catcher is a good guy. It is so difficult calling him but after I send pics to all the folks on my stretch of road, I have to.  I cannot save them all but can be the best dog mom to the ones I have!

Peggy

5-8-20

euknight

Aug-21

In agreement on the canine ability to sniff out evil.
Yes...aren’t they amazing?  It’s amazing how they will bark and growl like crazy if a certain delivery person or new person comes up.  You just KNOW they must be a wife beater or worse.  

Dogs know!!,

In reply toRe: msg 390
xvaper

Aug-21

here is a Friday photo op

Msg 5840.392 deleted
TinyBadger

Aug-21

I love the paw curl! Eyes barely open, just chilling. I wish I was that relaxed... although I admit that watching animals sleep does tend to make me sleepy. You have cats, right? I had 2 hampsters (I like it with a p in it) when I was a kid. Chip and Dale. They fought a lot and one morning we woke to find Dale dead. And chip was chewing on him. Anyhoo, chip stopped eating so I started to give him human food to plump him up. Then he got too fat do I put him in one of those hampster balls for exercise. Too bad he was too fat too get out. Needless to say I couldn't starve him so every day I'd shake the poop out of his ball and give him some food. He was buried in that ball. I'll never forgive myself for that one. In my defense I was very young and my mom is an idiot when it comes to animals. I never got another rodent and I vowed I would always take my dogs to the vet right away, even if something seemed small. I would give good food and toys and walks. I can't make up for my elementary school mistakes, but I can be better in the future. I am not the perfect dog owner, but I'll do my best to be a good dog mom. 

xvaper

Aug-21

Poor hamster. But you did not know better. I'm actually more of a dog person, I grew up with dogs, but then I started feeding and rescuing all these poor strays and feral cats, and next thing you know three of them were living in my house. I should have stopped at 2 really but its too late now..I love them, and yes I wish I had my cats' lives. Life is sweet for them, though you wouldn't know it sometimes when they constantly complain. This one in the picture is the stupidest, mushiest and most ridiculous cat I ever met. His name is Mischa.
TinyBadger

Aug-21

Like mee-sha? Is that Russian? I do love cats but the only thing that freaks me out is the litter box. I know someone with their box underneath their kitchen sink and I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's that poop in a box and then traipse across the counters thing that gets me. Then again, I have counter surfing dogs.