About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 112846 views.
Loreficent

10/9/20

Don’t be sorry Joel, that’s ok. There are definitely some things I’m too old for. Mostly though I figure I’m too young to keep smoking and have lots of things to do yet that smoking will not help me do. Yes, marketing strategies of Big Tobacco are very sly. Even nowadays. Be glad you quit when you are so young and think about that every time you crave. It will not get any easier to quit in the future so just stick with it. Nicotine is likely the most addictive legal substance that exists, here anyway. Some say more so than Heroin. Have you checked in on Justkees? I think she is inspired by your positive attitude! 

Loreficent

10/9/20

Here you go Tiny! All my perfect little June Bugs. Well, not all, but hopefully you can see how cute they are and why they made such lovely pins!

oh...it is hard to see their little hooked legs in this picture but I love how the casings have the eye skin too.

CC to euknight
Loreficent

10/9/20

Ha! You’re not asleep now! You crack me up Eve. Sleep through my musings. Haha! Well so do I mostly Lol! Oh boy. Do you have those bugs above by you in PA? I miss them!! 

Eve1973

10/9/20

Are you talking about the prayamantus. ? Spelled wrong 

Loreficent

10/9/20

No, the June Bugs. The ones in my hand, they leave those little cases on the trees in Michigan.

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/9/20

Yes Lore..i dont know whether its true or not but i heard if we inject the amount of nicotine present in one cigarette directly into the bloodstream, it could kill us. Is Justkees posting on my 6th day of quit?Justkee is a good person. But her sorry was not necessary. I was wrong actually. Quitting is a hard job no matter what. But lifetime smokers do develop habitual associations that might be more harder to break. I cant access them.. Its lost somewhere. The forum behaves strange sometimes...

Lore.. Are you feeling like i am stalking you? Sincerely Lore, i dont know everyone here.And you are a great support for me. I really want this friendship. I hope we support eachother.

euknight

10/9/20

So today is your anniversary?

TinyBadger

10/9/20

120 days and 13 hours! W00t! W00t! 

euknight

10/9/20

Susan,

OH the balloons sooooo precious.  Love love and love the little guys holding them !!  Really just so us.  Being there for each other...knowing we are not alone in this is so very heartwarming.  Thank you so much!

Peggy

10-8-20

Loreficent

10/9/20

Hi Joel,

Ill post a message to you in the September quit thread and you can find it under “Quit Buddies Unite” and that way there will be a new space for me to give support for you!