About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 125655 views.
Musivore

5/11/20

Awww I'm so disappointed for you Lori. I can feel your pain all the way over here, so it must be an intense throbbing. That does sound like a once in a lifetime opportunity though, so my fingers (and literally everything else) are crossed for you; I do pray that you will get to Europe one day, and when you do, I can assure you that it will not disappoint and will be everything that you have dreamed and hoped it will be, plus more... My family and I were planning a trip to Europe around about the same time. So, strangely enough, our paths could easily have crossed this summer.

As for Georgia, I will look it up. Isn't that the state that has been in the news recently for shooting off the blocks and releasing its lockdown at lightening speed because Trump encouraged it, and then again for getting told off by the same Trump, but on the next day, for releasing its lockdown too soon? I think I'm more interested in the NW actually. I heard that's where all the cool people are? I certainly grew up listening to a multitude of legendary bands from Seattle and we in the UK have held the place in high regard ever since.

Thanks for continuing to write on here Lori. It is keeping me distracted and away from some insane cravings recently.

Loreficent

5/11/20

Mmmm...I bet I could match those insane cravings today Shak.

Yes, that is the place...There is tremendous natural beauty in Georgia though. Entirely different culture from where I am in the NW. I did live there for a time; more on that later.

Many many great bands from Seattle and Portland alike! The music scene is very vibrant here.

Read the good things about Georgia, such as about the wild life and amazing coastal beaches with their pristine white sand and sea turtle nesting sites. Also the swamps are mesmerizing...flowing, hanging Spanish Moss and Alligators. Oh my...The Cypress trees in the swamps look so beautifully eerie. Just don’t forget the bug repellent, and you will need DEET.

Musivore

5/11/20

Given the choice, NW sounds more appealing. But thanks again, I will definitely look Georgia up, I think most over here would overlook her, because she has a brash and louder sister in Florida, and she draws all of the attention for that region.

Yeah, keeping busy, so much to squeeze in today. So will catch you later Lori blush

• Edited May 11, 2020 3:45 pm  by  Musivore
Loreficent

5/11/20

I think I said it before, the U.S. is large and quite varied in climates and terrain and not the least of, cultures and cultural difference. It is amazing we are not always in a state of a variety of civil wars. Ugh. What happened in Georgia is abhorrent and unforgivable. 

Loreficent

5/11/20

I’ve learned in my life over a tremendous amount of photos that they very rarely capture things as beautifully as seeing them in person. Hence, I rarely take photos outside much anymore as I’ve found it best to still myself and soak in something beautiful while the image is burned into my heart so that I can readily recall it from my heart and mind’s eye. Now I still take many photos of my critters and daughter, so that when I’m old and left to my memories I can recall the joy and laughter that they have brought me. Today, coming home from the store, I was struck by my front garden, which seems to have burst overnight into a joyful sea of poppies that I could gladly loose myself in, perhaps to never return...

JerseyDee

5/11/20

Wow Lori -- your garden is so serene and relaxing.  How much time do you spend taking care of it?  I just get hanging wave petunias to hang on my balcony.  I will be getting them next weekend .. really looking forward to them.

Msg 5840.77 deleted
Musivore

5/12/20

Wow Lori, you really have done a wonderful job. Your garden looks so lovely and I like that it will go through different phases of beauty depending on when you look at it throughout the months to come.

I do miss our last garden as that was gorgeous also and beautifully landscaped (we bought the house off someone who was particularly green-fingered). There was also so much space for my little kids to play safely, which they loved. But alas, our family got a little too big for the house, and we have moved into a bigger, swankier one. Unfortunately though, although the house is amazing and we have been in love with it the moment we first saw it, the garden is not the same. We now have a small yard at the back, a fairly big drive on the side and some well maintained lawn (yes lawn Lori ) at the front. Which is all rubbish, particularly for the kids.

I think I one day need to make more of the space we do have and transform it into something the kids will get more from... But not today, as I am busy keeping gorgeous, tempestuous six-foot burning cigarettes from breaking into my house and wrestling me to the ground into sweet submission. I need all I have to fight those bastards off. 

Msg 5840.79 and the next 1 deleted