About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 59548 views.
Loreficent

Nov-2

Haha! Well, I got a dishwasher too Tiny, and it’s name is Lore. That’s the problem! Lol. Actually I can’t really say that as the last place we lived had one and I used twice the whole two years we were there. But I’m with you. Do t like cleaning up the mess! I make this one dish called Tamale Pie. It’s vegetarian and so good. You have to roast a bunch of tomatillos and Poblano Peppers and Onions and then put them in food processor with a ton of cilantro and some cumin and garlic. It makes this slop that you mix with pinto beans and tomatoes and some cotija cheese and then you put it on this corn bread mix that you make and bake it. It is really good but lots of steps and mess. I also make a lot of “scrambles” which have whatever veggies I have and eggs and usually some sort of cheese. Sometimes I mix it all up and bake it like a crust less quiche. I make the best Salmon too. And soups. I do miss my navy bean soup with a big ol ham shank but doubt the piggies miss it! Figure they like keeping their legs! Lol! I make a variety of grilled sandwiches too with veggies, and by this time you’ve probably guessed it...cheese. My favorite thing ever is breakfast for dinner!! I like what is is called a bunch of different things, and actually, I think Joel mentioned it that he made it, but basically you butter the bread both sides, cut a hole in the middle and fry an egg in there. We always called it “hole in the bread” joy. What kind of lame name is that?? Haha. Typical Midwesterner I guess; a spade is a spade. Yeah. Tuna Sammy is the best though. So many things to do with it really. Sometimes I put chopped walnuts and apples and it’s really good! So I’m not totally starving here. I eat pretty good, just simple. With a glass of milk. All meals come with a glass of milk. 
Ok. Now I’m hungry! 
Oh...and I have a rule of you can never have too much cilantro! heart_eyes

• Edited November 2, 2020 3:04 am  by  Loreficent
TinyBadger

Nov-2

Now you're cooking! It sounds like you are well fed! I do love milk but I must say that cilantro is my nemesis. I almost throw up when one little leaf touches my tongue. I got tricked the other day and picked up a honey herb fruit salad at work. Didn't see the BLOOMING cilantro all over it! I tried picking it off but I couldn't. Who does that? Fruit with cilantro? We call the egg bread thing "toad in the hole". Not sure why, thats just what people say. I love eggs! Probably one of my favorite things to eat. Besides popcorn. I'm glad you're eating well because covid takes a lot out of people. Good nourishment is important to staying healthy. People sometimes neglect their diets and end up not feeling their best. So eat on, and drink up, loreficent! Scramble those eggs with pride!

Loreficent

Nov-2

Bummer! Are you one of those folks who have a certain gene mutation  that makes cilantro taste like soap? That’s a real thing apparently. I will say...since I don’t have that gene thing and love it so that it is very good with fruit. Particularly mangoes, pineapple, stuff like that. I like it in eggs too. Lots of things, really. Watercress same thing. Folks either love it or don’t. How about arugula? Do you like that? That’s good on...Tuna! Haha! 
Ok...so, another Veg favorite. Ready? Good peanut butter, the one that is just peanuts and salt, nothing else. Even better if made with unblanched peanuts, so maybe a trip to the crunchy store. Then good jam. Strawberry or cherry, but not grape. Maybe blackberry but haven’t tried it with this. Then...you take jalapeño peppers, slice them thin and put on sandwich and grill it!! Yup! And if you are inclined, the first time I had it I was still eating meat, so some really good bacon on there too. I’m telling you. One of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had. Still really good without the bacon though. But...bacon will always have a special place in my heart as will a REAL hot dog. Those two things cannot be replicated with soy, or tempeh, or whatever. Like cheese. It is meant to be made from real milk. Nothing else. 
Ok...gotta go eat now! More later. I feel a lot in the air here right now and will probably have to write out some angst. flushed

• Edited November 2, 2020 9:02 pm  by  Loreficent
Msg 5840.780 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 779
Loreficent

Nov-3

OMG! So...on my walk, I went by this house with Halloween decorations still up. The juxtaposition of the scene and what is behind the sign was absolutely striking. Are they saying this is their America behind the sign??! Lol!! Made.My.Day.  Perhaps there is more here than meets the eye in passing....

Loreficent

Nov-3

Oh, I forgot to tell you this! So on our desks at work we all have two screens. The program we use for writing is complicated and busy and takes up one. The other we use to look at images from Xray, etc. So, we all have YouTube up on one with puppy videos, kitten videos, dogs and cats playing videos, one day I had the one that my cat likes that is meant for cats to watch with goldfish and birds. Yup. We are doing it and it is hilarious to walk into our workroom and see all these different critter videos going in the midst of all the chaos! joy

euknight

Nov-3

Oh man that’s a scream.  Amazes me how people decorate up so much for Halloween.

Does make one wonder with the sign.  Maybe just to have the freedom to decorate however you want.

I am pretty much not enjoying the thought of decorating.  Where did Oct. go??? Sigh

Seriously I love the cat and dog videos.  The best relief for chaos for sure!! We just sat on the porch watching the dogs roll and play covered in dying grass.  I just had to lay down and wrestle with them.

There is a beautiful thing!!   Wrestle in the grass........on the warmer days

Peggy

5-8-20

Loreficent

Nov-4

Yooohooo, Tiny! Ms Tiny Badger! Where are you? Did you run away to the coast?? And not take me?? Are you standing by and standing down? Hahahaha! Sorrry....couldn’t help myself. Should I erase that? I won’t cause I’m hoping to get a rise out of you hahaha! Where are you today??? Are you ok??

Miss you my friend. Let me know your ok. kissing_heart

euknight

Nov-4

Lore,

Gotta admit, I like the night cloak.

Your message I missed somehow.  It was very Pink Floydish.  One of my first albums along with Stepenwolf Gold and Black Sabbath Paranoid.  Lol!!!

Actually am glad the Blue Moons are past.  I think there was just way too much energy from that last one.  It happens.  Will rediscover moonlight’s comfort at a later date.

Tomorrow I will be burning and hauling brush.  Always a good physical buzz.  New friend coming over with his chain saws etc.  Something about a guy with a chain saw.  So I will be in my element.

How is the wrist/hand?  Find anything to get you through this month pain wise?  Oh I hope so.  Going to read now in hopes of sleeping better.....the colder weather is helping that, btw So I can get up and go pyro!,  Hugs to ya

Loreficent

Nov-5

Good morning Ms Pyro! fire 

All I gotta say is be careful with those blazes. Speaking of, still no Riley come out of the haze. My friend is still in Eastern OR with her folks but about to go nuts for several reasons. I think she is coming next week and taking Max. We’ve all gotten quite used to and fond of him. Silly boy. I’ve been sleeping in the spare room with 3 cats and two dogs. Only way we can get a little sleep is to trim down on the adults. It’s fine except is now making me want to paint the other bedroom as I’m finding the spare room color pretty soothing. Maybe a Winter project. Seems I change colors every couple of years anyway. Always the same ones but just move them around to what room they are in. I might be pretty set on what is where in this house though. The layout kind of demands what I have, and truth be told, nobody else has any say over it! Lol! So, they either politely agree, or really like it. They do all agree on this blue I have where my piano and mermaid are, which is pretty important. How the heck did I get here? Oh. Spare room. 
You know, I was never much of a Pink Floyd fan. Not sure why? I saw them but left half way through. Kind of regret that now, but only for the sake of nostalgia. Honestly? I was too stoned. Yeah, was back in those days. Kind of pissed off my date as I insisted he take me home because of it. Was our third and last date, haha. Well, truth be told, he is likely one who is still stoned, so it was all for the better in my opinion, lol! I reckon these are the kind of things I might know if I were on FB. Which is precisely why I’m not! Haha!! 
Im with you Peggy. Something about a guy with a chainsaw.heart_eyes I do like my guys with a touch of rugged for sure. Levi’s and flannel shirts can get a guy somewhere with me. But...so can the right man bun and sandals, Lol! OMG. I’m gonna stop. I am not a shopper, folks...just innocent imagination! Is that the right word? Well,,suffice it to say, I am fine leaving it at thoughts, innocent or not. All else is just...folly. And dead weight, hahaha!!! joy I got dreams to live that nobody will stop me from living is what I’m saying. Ok...I’m digging a hole, so time to stop digging.

Actually...the night cloak takes me to the Pogues song...which takes me back to digging....which means I gotta stop again. But here’s to that:kissing_heart

My wrist only hurts when I use it, haha, so I don’t take anything. Wearing a splint most of the time and wrap my elbow in a towel at night to keep from bending my arm in my sleep. Works well except now Hugo thinks it is for him to nurse on. Funny kitty, taken from his momma too young? Boredom? Comfort? Kitty version of a cigarette maybe. Either way, it is actually endearing and I fall asleep rubbing his belly, like I used to with my other old guy, Calvin’s brother who now sits in an Urn on the nightstand. 
Ok...I’ve put far far too much out there with all this so far this morning! Haha! Ahhh...the natterings of an anxious addict. 
Have fun slashing and burning, but please be careful Peggy Love. kissing_heart

Make sure to feed that guy when you’re done. If he earns it, I mean. joy