About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 75914 views.
Loreficent

Jan-1

Hmmm...blue tube lights. On a deck railing! Or porch railing! Around top of ceiling? 
ok....what are tube lights exactly? joy

Yay! You get some family time tomorrow! Hope it is fun and cozy. Did your snow melt?

Eve1973

Jan-2

Had a leak a long time back, I spackled numerous times but just kept flaking, so didn’t want to hang drywall up. So I bought a ceiling similar to wainscoting. But it’s for ceiling. So excited to put that up. 

They have. Similar thing in Key West around Halloween! You should save for a mini vacation, I’m told it’s an experience! I have never been. 
 This was my tree... lol but I won $200.00 for it in squeezed cash. I just now have to pour out. 
Wasn’t feeling festive this year,  but was an ok Christmas. I just honestly didn’t feel like decorating! Because I would have to take down. 

Workiing on my room and want to be done by end of month! I go back to work on Wednesday, so that really sux! 

H

CC to euknight
Eve1973

Jan-2

My sleep patterns were all over the place in the 1st 6months! It was excruciating. My body I think said it was going to catch up on YEARS of disruption to my sleep. I now sleep about 8-10 hours straight. I used to get up really early and smoke, but I would stay up, because I knew I would never get up for work. 

Seriously it will get better, not sure how long, because everyone is different. But for the sleep it took awhile for me, not sure even now if this is my new normal. I feel it might change again. 

CC to TinyBadger
Loreficent

Jan-2

Oh that tree looks very festive to me! That is really cool Eve! So creative. I wish I had your carpentry talents...and tools! How is it lit? From inside?

I know the not wanting to go back to work feeling for sure. Trying to get back in sync with that too and it isn’t happening quickly. Been thinking about smoking more too which sucks. Think it is the weather mostly. Not getting out like when it isn’t so wet. Dark when I go to work, dark when I come home. Feel kind of cooped up and want to run and go to the beach and all of it. Maybe gonna try to play with some yarn after work today, think my hand can do it now. That may help.

Well....we will just keep doing this, right?! Only way to it is through it. Have a good and productive day!

Eve1973

Jan-2

Oh the push on lights people use in closets. The battery ones. The college students leave them in their rooms when they move out. I take them because they are awesome for power outages. Much safer then candles. I don’t get many, but if I do and am at home they work great!

Eve1973

Jan-2

Oh yeah. I know all about thinking about it! Sux! But I do believe it’s the weather and darkness and Covid! We just can’t go to kill a few hours, like to a movie. I’m tired of going shopping. You just spend money. Home Depot is a totally different story. Lol Just try the playing with the yarn, play a board game tonight or a card game! Love UNO. 

I KNOW you were happy to be off work! I will be disappointed to go back.......can I just PLEASE hit the lottery??

Loreficent

Jan-2

Ok, let’s make a pact...if I hit the big one I’ll give you a million and you can do the same. Problem is you gotta play to win and I only play like once a year!joy

I need to learn to play solitaire....

Eve1973

Jan-2

I don’t play often, but the powerball is up over 300 million so I played, mega millions up over 400 million.

I will only make the pact if you play! You gotta play babe!
Lol.....I would honestly be very generous once I have my lawyer, tax guy etc in place. I want people to live better, not just spend. I would quit my job after I used all my vacation, sick time, personal time and holidays! Woohoo!

Loreficent

Jan-4

Ok. I’ll get one tomorrow. Not sure how much ours is, and I always get confused what to buy. They have Powerball and Megabucks, I know, but I don’t what the difference is! joy Do you pick your own numbers or let the machine do it? 
Im with you. I want folks to live without worry about stuff, like paying bills. I’d set my Sibs up for life for sure, though a couple of them are just fine as is, a couple could use some help. Of course I’d put up a big trust for Daughter for after she completes college. I’d pay for that too. I don’t want her having to do it how I did it. Not that it was bad for that time for me, and I don’t have regrets. As much as I love her, and I surely do and would jump in front of any train, or bullet or lightning bolt for her in a heartbeat, I don’t think she would thrive well in the Army. It was good and fun for me, but wouldn’t be for her. But I do want her to have a good education. I hadn’t thought about the Lawyer and tax person. joy There goes a ton of it I’m sure! But I would quit my job straight away. I’d feel a bit bad about leaving my colleagues in a bind filling my shifts, but I’d give them a little to ease their way about it and not look back. I think I’d join some organization that volunteers medical services in places with need and travel. Gonna have to be somewhere I’m not shot at though as I’m not down with that. I’d hire me a massage therapist to travel with me and a cook where I’m at. I wouldn’t buy “stuff” though. And I don’t like shopping really. Except for boots. I’d buy lots of those. And I’d give a ton to the Oregon Humane Society too. Probably ASPCA too. And...I’d get me another motorcycle. A Triumph. Oh boy. Have I spent it all yet?joy Guess I better buy both those kind of tickets....

• Edited January 4, 2021 12:17 am  by  Loreficent
Eve1973

Jan-4

Lol, see fun to think about it! Only thing I would suggest, don’t give daughter access to the money all at once, say she can have a certain amount after college is completed, a certain amount after masters degree (if that’s the plan) , and  certain amount at 30 years of age. Of course school will be paid for and living expenses. But after 30, remainder of money be given at 40. She would be mature enough to handle. Just my thoughts, I know that kids seem more mature now, when I was younger. And my friends parents called me “the mature, head on straight kid.” Haha if they only knew.....

My thoughts on my other thread about letting another human treat me like that, was an epiphany. I was like wow so TRUE! This addiction is SO Evil! I know you are a VERY nice person, but one thing my sister pointed out, was since I quit smoking, I am a nicer person. I actually agreed with her, maybe I’m just letting go of “old” stuff as I get older, but I actually noticed this before she said anything. Have you noticed any difference in attitude? 

Well I think you are back at work, when do you get your 2nd shot? Or did you get the other vaccine? I have today and tomorrow, then I’m back.....ugh. Kids going to start moving back on January 10th. Just curious of how many. No one will answer that. Then apparently we are supposed to be tested weekly. Not sure how that going to work. 

Well off to do more work on my lil bedroom. Will send pics when mostly finished. The rugs being replaced will be last. Plus I have a lot of stuff in my head to decorate this room. Hoping to be done by end of month! GOAL SET! Lol