About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Slipped an smoked 2 cigarettes    Quit Support

Started May-28 by Fardaddy72; 223 views.
Fardaddy72

May-28

Thanks I went for a job and I’m feeling extra motivated to get it done 

In reply toRe: msg 3
Fardaddy72

May-28

Jog not job but Thanks 

Hi Fardaddy,

Good for you in jumping back into your quit.    Don't give up on yourself.  You can do this.  I do suggest doing the daily Nope pledge and keeping in touch daily with the forum..   Your quit buddy's are a valuable tool in helping you stay quit.

So sad children are so precious. Life isn't fair. Life stresses like this do make us stop and think about what's important to us. Smoking a cigarette just makes us take that pause in stressful times but it sure doesn't help our poor lungs, heart and body. Never smokers do not get it when we say we need a smoke when confronted with very difficult situations but all of us exsmokers and quitters do totally understand. Do lots of deep breathing to calm yourself and drink lots of water to flush out and hydrate your body and stay distracted by staying busy. Quitting can be conquered so just stick close to the forum and be proud to be a quitter. Life will always send us various stresses and we need to stay healthy and strong and smoking cigarettes just isn't worth it anymore as its not cool anymore anyways and we need to spend our hard earned money on more worthwhile things. No more poisoning ourselves! My deepest sympathy for your neighborhood as you all deal with the tragedy of that sweet young angel. Hang in there - everyone on the forum will be ready to support you on your journey to freedom. relaxed

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013