About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

For my fellow patch people..   Quit Support

Started Jun-7 by Elizaquits; 2112 views.
TinyBadger

Jun-24

Well, thank ye! It's so worth it!

Loreficent

Jun-25

Strong work Tiny.

Im proud of you. Just keep wearing time out. It’s gonna go by either way. Yeah...strong work. 

overdoz

Jun-25

Yeah the Nicoderm CQ's are the best even though they say at drugstore they all work the same, plus a firm commitment to quit and stay quit also helps. 

Elizaquits

Jun-25

Happy belated two weeks!! :)

TinyBadger

Jun-25

Well, thanks! Today I thought I was gonna die I wanted one so bad. Hopefully this doesn't happen too often. 

Ginger3077

Jun-25

The nicotine is out of your system. Now you have to fight your thoughts. Keep going.

TinyBadger

Jun-25

Well I admit I'm using nrt so the nicotine isn't totally out. I wish I could say that I'm totally out of the thick of it, but I'm going to be slowly weaning myself off of nicotine for a bit. I've been doing really well on patches so getting punched with such a strong urge caught me off guard. 

Elizaquits

Jun-26

Just know that it will pass. I flew through week 1 but week 2 and 3 were harder for some reason. There is a good article on here that talks about the icky 3's - 3 days, 3 weeks, and 3 months (if I am not mistaken), you should check it out, it may help. 

For me, around that time the cravings were mental, I was using the patch so I had nicotine in me. Each time you fight through a craving you are not only building your muscle memory, you are also one step closer to staying quit! 

DbAnne

Jun-26

yup, you fight your thoughts - your own thoughts - this means you are fighting yourself.  That's what makes it so tough or so easy.  If you tell you, you are happy with not smoking (happy no nic) each time your thoughts wonder in the direction of trying to regain that fix of nicotine or smoke, you can turn the whole experience into a much more enjoyable one.

Be pleased with yourself, pat yourself on the back, applaud yourself every time you get a craving.  Every single craving is an indication that you are winning.  It is a winner's badge.  Tell yourself - well done, way to go.  I am not going to give myself a cigarette  but I am going to give myself a round of applause for not smoking and thank you craving for reminding me how wonderful I am that I no longer smoke.  Way to go self.    

Cheers

Eve1973

Jun-27

Good job Tiny, keep it up! You are doing great! No matter what you are not smoking....... be proud, and when you are ready, you will wean yourself off! Everyone is DIFFERENT, so don’t think because one is doing it, you should.

Again congratulations!