About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Haven't quit yet!    Health Support and Encouragement

Started Jul-7 by Sarama66; 266 views.
overdoz

Jul-22

Im not a doctor but i dont think it can make your cold worse than smoking, i remember all the times i had a cold/flu in the past, last thing i wanted to do was smoke. On a side note i think that after i quit smoking first time years ago and went back to it, i never wanted to be a smoker again full time and always tried to quit. Hope you have a nice day. 

arlcruise

Jul-28

I slowly got to the point where I had non stop coughing and breathing problems. I will keep this short. I am not a professional, but I 100% disagree that quitting could have any negative aspects or contribute to that problem. The absolute reverse. When I quit the improvements were rapid, very noticeable even extreme in some ways. My advice is try this. One major part of how my quit unfolded was agreeing with myself that I wasn't quitting. I just needed to stop for a day, Should not be a big deal, in fact the next day could be a better smoke, like a reward. That worked because it took away pretty much all pressure and fear. What occurred next was  uncanny, is why I am in my second month. The improvement was was astonishing, in just the few hours. Bedtime was the quietest I had heard my lungs in memory. Day 2 the coughing was almost reversed to nil. The improvement was so good, that it became the strength to continue. Just try it. Don't quit. Take a day off. No muss no fuss no worry. You can smoke again tomorrow! Then tell us what happens....

Lubbercat

Jul-28

Sara,

I am the same age as you!  I had a cold in my chest and a lot of coughing when I quit this time.  Once I quit smoking, the cold got better really quickly.  That is not to say that some of the coughing I did was not part of cleaning out my lungs but, normally I cough for a good month with bronchitis and quit coughing within a week this time.  Try it and I think you will find yourself feeling better quickly.