About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help!    Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jul-7 by Sarama66; 729 views.
Sarama66

Jul-7

Hi Eve thanks for the reply, all I have to do now is pick a date, I know it's got to be done, but scary while this covid is around x

Msg 6019.7 deleted
slowblumer

Jul-7

HI Sara,

Welcome to the forum.   Quitting smoking is the number one thing you can do to improve your health.  I hope you do make that decision to quit.  Please contact your doctor and discuss your cough though.  We need a plan to succeed.   Check out the articles below.

Do These Things Before You Stop Smoking

How to Know if You've Got Quitter's Flu

Eve1973

Jul-7

Actually it is helpful if you quit! Are you worried about getting it mixed up with the cough? I would still quit, no matter what. Then you tell everyone you quit during the pandemic! If you can do that.....you will be stronger in everything!

Best wishes!

Kittyxxx121

Jul-8

Actually it's safer for you because of COVID. You need your lungs to be on their A game and you can't if you still smoke. So set a date and take the plunge, we will support you through it xx

Lyney

Jul-8

Hi Sarah,

I also smoked for 39 years and I quit 8 days ago. I have had a smokers cough for most of my adult life. For me, I have had little bouts of it getting worse since I quit but many more moments of it getting better. I think it's a part of the process of cleaning out your lungs. I welcome the little "ahems" knowing that my lungs are on their way to better days. It may get worse before it gets better and I keep reminding myself that eventually it will get better.

Sarama66

Jul-9

Thank you, Monday is going to be the day. I've got nicorette gum on the ready. I can't wait to breath more easily 

Sarama66

Jul-9

Aww thanks, yes I'm afraid if I quit now my cough will get worse and that I'll be more susceptible to covid

But I'm doing it... Monday is the day x

Sarama66

Jul-9

Monday is the day...

It's got to be done! 

In reply toRe: msg 11
Sarama66

Jul-9

Aww Good on you, how's it going now? 

I've decided Monday is the day, I'm going to use nicorette gum, are you using anything? X