About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help!    Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jul-7 by Sarama66; 725 views.
Eve1973

Jul-7

Actually it is helpful if you quit! Are you worried about getting it mixed up with the cough? I would still quit, no matter what. Then you tell everyone you quit during the pandemic! If you can do that.....you will be stronger in everything!

Best wishes!

Kittyxxx121

Jul-8

Actually it's safer for you because of COVID. You need your lungs to be on their A game and you can't if you still smoke. So set a date and take the plunge, we will support you through it xx

Lyney

Jul-8

Hi Sarah,

I also smoked for 39 years and I quit 8 days ago. I have had a smokers cough for most of my adult life. For me, I have had little bouts of it getting worse since I quit but many more moments of it getting better. I think it's a part of the process of cleaning out your lungs. I welcome the little "ahems" knowing that my lungs are on their way to better days. It may get worse before it gets better and I keep reminding myself that eventually it will get better.

Sarama66

Jul-9

Thank you, Monday is going to be the day. I've got nicorette gum on the ready. I can't wait to breath more easily 

Sarama66

Jul-9

Aww thanks, yes I'm afraid if I quit now my cough will get worse and that I'll be more susceptible to covid

But I'm doing it... Monday is the day x

Sarama66

Jul-9

Monday is the day...

It's got to be done! 

In reply toRe: msg 11
Sarama66

Jul-9

Aww Good on you, how's it going now? 

I've decided Monday is the day, I'm going to use nicorette gum, are you using anything? X

Lyney

Jul-9

It's going well, I'm really motivated and committed to never smoke again. I'm definitely going through physical withdrawal but it's a little easier every day.

I've been using the gum, it helps a lot. The patches work well too but I find they irritate my skin, sometimes even cause blisters so I've stopped using those and chew the gum whenever I need it.

Go for it and chose your date, I'll be here to help if you need it.

In reply toRe: msg 16
TinyBadger

Jul-9

How great is it that you are so committed to your quit that you are reaching out to other quitters? My husband quit 10 or so days into my quit. In a weird way, I think it helps me to help him. You're doing a great job, keep up the good work. We're all in this together. 

Lubbercat

Jul-16

Go ahead and quit on Monday, it will get better.  I had bronchitis going into this quit and I did cough up more stuff but did not have as much non-productive coughing.  I just quit on the 9th and my breathing is already much improved.  I have smoked the majority of my life and I did quit for 2 1/2 years a while back.  What I can tell you from that experience is that I was healthier, had fewer colds and when I did get a cold, it was short lived.  Quitting is not something you will regret even though it is hard to do, you can do it!  You have lots of people here for support and that can get you through the rough times

I will look for you on here Monday and before it comes, read lots of the articles in the newcomer's section to help prepare.  Good luck to you