About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE JULY 8th 2020 Hump day!   General Chit-Chat

Started Jul-8 by Eve1973; 268 views.
JerseyDee

Jul-8

Good Morning Maureen, Eve, and everyone! .. Sorry I have been MIA .. have A LOT going on in life right now see the posts I wrote to Susan and Lore in other threads.  Too long to get into here and repeat myself and have to jump in the shower now and get ready for work.

However, I AM here.  I have not disappeared .. just too much going on .. good news to report .. spent weekend with non smokers so was not tempted at all.  Doing very well and am committed to this process .. 100% on board . still using the gum .. 4MG still . but am not smoking and that is what counts .. I am taking my NOPE pledge today and vow to take the time to squeeze that in every morning going forward .. like being accountable to other people in addition to just myself.

Have a GREAT smoke free day!!  Happy Hump Day!!  Keep Cool . .going to have oppressive humidity today.  Ugh.

June2019

Jul-8

congrats to Everyone On the Forum today for your place in this journey of being free of this addiction. 

everyday is full of new challenges and opportunities. i'm pledging not one puff ever again, at least for today, and I wish you all a positive vision to keep moving forward!

euknight

Jul-8

Hi June2019!  I gladly take your hand for this NOPE pledge and encourage all to join in.

Thank you my sweet Eve and Maureen for the congrats!  Cool story.  I just got to have a phone appointment with new gastro doc for pre colonoscopy and got to tell him I had 2 months and he was sooooo supportive.  Then I asked if I could drink that smaller prep thing instead of the gallon thing and he said yes.  I said oh thank you....this is a great reward for the smoking quit!!  I am thrilled.

Some of you are too young to know about fun colonoscopies.  I know only cos of my German family history and have to have them a lot.

Anyway...so good too see you Dee.  Who will join us today??

Peggy

5-8-20

Eve1973

Jul-8

Yeah.....was worried! Talk soon

JerseyDee

Jul-8

Glad to be here Peggy .. And a big congratulations to you# .. You are kicking butt!

Good luck on colooscopy

JerseyDee

Jul-8

Hi Eve. Thanks. Hope all is well.

TinyBadger

Jul-8

I am pledging nope today! Who will take my hand and join me?

Ginger3077

Jul-8

I'll take your hand for my daily NOPE. Glad I quit. It's too damn hot to be outside smoking in Arizona. Who's next?

Kicked the butt 8/1/19

Jatchat

Jul-8

Hi Ginger

First congratulations to Peggy on two months smoke free, how cool is that?

I would like to pledge NOPE today and invite others to join us.

Kind regards,

Anthony 9w

modanjim

Jul-8

Hi Dee,

So glad to see that you are back in the saddle.   Hope things calm down for you soon! Know it is hard when you are stressed.   You sound so positive. If you need the gum so be it, its better than smoking.

Take care hope to pledge nope with you again.

Maureen

04/15/2020