About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Small patch struggle   Quit Support

Started Jul-25 by TinyBadger; 986 views.
TinyBadger

Jul-28

I feel so much better today! Things seem easier, I'm less cranky and not dying to stuff everything I can in my mouth. My husband is doing great. The last couple days he's been a huge cheerleader and supporter. He keeps telling me that we can do this together. He quit cold turkey, but man, he struggled. I'm so grateful for nrt. Cold turkey is definitely not for everyone. The sunset was lovely, we live in a neighborhood where the roads are very wide and paved, but no sidewalks. I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize and keep my momentum going. I think today will be a better day. 

TinyBadger

Jul-28

Sorry, I forgot to CC you on the above message. Thanks for giving a hoot, it means a lot to me 

euknight

Jul-28

Hey Tiny,

So Happy you are having a better day today!!  And husband supporting you!!  Woohoo.  I can only imagine how beautiful it is where you live.  Montana was it?  Are you in the mountains?

Hurricane Hanna sent cool temps and rain our way.  It has been heavenly for end of July.  Got to swim early today.

Yes, hear ya about irritability.  I was grumpily when I first finished the 7 mg.  Just out of the blue!!

Have a lovely smoke free evening!

Peggy

5-8-20

CC to Lubbercat
TinyBadger

Jul-28

I do live in Montana! It's fabulous. I don't live in the mountains, I live in a small city, in a valley, but everywhere you turn there are mountains. It's less than 10 minutes to get to the trailhead where you can hike or bike and end up out in the mountains. Less than 10 minutes from a very large lake and the Missouri. I'm not into horses, but people here really seem to be. It's a nice state, not a ton of people. There are good (a few fancy, even) restaurants in town that I like, most of which are low key and have no cell phone rules. Of course there are Starbucks and that stuff, but a lot of stores are local and I like to shop that way, even though it costs more. Not a lot of racial diversity, I will say. You should come by! In September we have a chokecherry festival that is to die for!

Lubbercat

Jul-29

Tiny

Hope your day is going well today?  I stepped down to the 7 mg patch today but, so far all is good.  Had to chime in when I seen you were from Montana.  It is a beautiful state!  I had the pleasure of driving route 2 from WA over to MN a couple of years ago.  Such beautiful country up there!

TinyBadger

Jul-29

I think so too. Although the eastern part of the state has a lot of grasslands, which isn't my favorite. I'm glad you're doing well! I bet you'll be fine on the small patch. It's probably just me. And I admit that yesterday was a lot better. Today seems good so far too...so cheers to us small patchers!

Lubbercat

Jul-29

Tiny,

I know in past quits that I had some issues and edginess.  This morning, I was already under a huge amount of stress from other things so, probably just equated that to the other problems instead of to down stepping the patch!

euknight

Jul-29

Oh Tiny,  That sounds divine!!  I can picture in my mind’s eye the valley with the mountains all around!’  Sigh...and the town...how perfect!!  I love those mountain towns with local crafts. Have you guys always lived there?

I bet the air is just amazing!!I have been in the mountains in NM and CO but never there!!  Bet your dogs love it!  What kind do you have?? Am more a mountain girl than a beach girl.

Have a beautiful smoke free day!!,

Peggy

5-8-20

euknight

Jul-29

Hey Lubbercat,

Sorry about your morning stress.  Be good to yourself.  My crankiness really crept up on me when I Finished the  7s.  I was in denial it was the no nico but it must have been cos it lasted days and so unlike me.

Try to get more rest.  How are you now?

Peggy

5-8-20

Lubbercat

Jul-29

Well, having some bad moments but not as edgy as I was this morning, thanks for asking.  I plan to go home and eat and go to bed.  This has been quite a day today and I am ready for it to just end!  But, I am still smoke free so, I will take it!