About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Anybody use Wellbutrin?   General Chit-Chat

Started Aug-13 by Loreficent; 238 views.
SusanK1960

Aug-14

I tried Wellbutrin about 15 years ago.  I remember that it made me feel agitated, which was very unusual for me, so I quit taking it, and didn’t stop smoking.  

Loreficent

Aug-14

My friend said she knew someone that had that experience so that’s why she asked me. I’m not sure she is really ready to quit...

Thanks Susan!

candrew

Aug-14

Hi Lor -

I have used Wellbutrin on and off for 20 years for depression. I believe  it was called Xyban in those days. 

I can't say it was any help stopping smoking But then and again was not trying  to quit. If I were to tell you which one I would recommend. Chantix would be my choice. 

Andrew

August  3rd, 2020

Loreficent

Aug-14

Hi Andrew,

Good to see you back!

Thank you for the info. I was wondering if that is why her doc said she could use patch too. Maybe the Wellbutrin was for smoking cessation related depression. I am not sure she gave me a lot of the back story, which is fine. She may not be at the point to commit. 
Are you using Chantix this time? Just keep doing it. I know it is hard, but so far no regrets and very worth it.