About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/31/20 by Terry (abquitsmking); 26500 views.
Vickie106

Feb-12

Hey, I’m still here!  I take a break from time to time though and don’t post as much.  Still fighting the fight and just 4 days shy of 3 months.  Glad to see you are both staying strong.  I still struggle but not every day like earlier in my quit.

I'm looking forward to Spring!!!  Tired of being stuck in the house and can’t go anywhere because of the pandemic.  I’m looking forward to picnics and just being outside.  

gkim

Feb-12

Great to hear from you. I definitely know what you mean about being stuck indoors. I look forward to spring also. I miss seeing my friends. 
that’s right, you were right behind me. It feels good to achieve the 90 days milestone. So glad you’re going to make it. I still have thoughts too but I shouldn’t expect something I did for almost twenty years would, in three months completely disappear from my brain. But it’s definitely a passing thought and not a crazy jump out of my skin cravings. 
Stay strong!

gkim

Feb-27

How are you. Haven’t seen you or Fort here lately. Hope everyone is well 

Vickie106

Mar-2

Hi sorry I missed your post.  I’m still going strong...3 months and 12 days so far!  It has been a while since I visited or posted.  Sometimes I “lurk” to see what everyone is up to.  wink

hope you are doing well.  I still struggle from time to time, but not enough to give up the quit.

gkim

Mar-2

Good to hear from you. So happy you are doing well. I’ll have four months this Thursday. Some days I don’t even think about smoking but there are times it will sneak up on me and i crave it but I just let it pass. I’m even eating less candy. Stay strong! You’re doing great!

fortemdomina

Mar-4

Hey! Still doing great. I find I don’t need the forum much but I also have very little time lately. I am a middle school teacher, we are bringing kids in hybrid, and it’s completely nuts how everything is going. I’m rewriting my classes for the fourth time this year. I am still going. Hit 3 months on Feb 26 I believe. Found myself wanting and thinking about smoking more right around 3 months, but not too bad. It’s amazing how much better I feel now. 
Both of you doing well?

CC to Vickie106
gkim

Mar-4

Oh crazy. Tough job. So glad you are doing well. Keep it up. Tomorrow’s my four months. Cravings still happen but only once in awhile and manageable. Good to hear from you. 

gkim

Apr-4

How’s everyone going? Are we still smoke free? I haven’t been posting as much lately. Tomorrow will be 5 months smoke free for me! I hope you all are well!!

Eve1973

Apr-5

CONGRATULATIONS, 5 Months is FANTASTIC! 

getting this far is really amazing and also shows you are working hard on keeping your Smobriety! Keep up the good work! I am sure when you started this journey, you couldn’t fathom being where you are today,  but here you are! Congratulations again....soon you will be 1/2 way to the clubhouse. 

Best to you and celebrate!

Eve

fortemdomina

Apr-6

Still smoke free here. It’s been just over 4 months. I will hit 5 months near the end of March. Congrats on 5 months. Nice to be smoke free!