About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can’t Ever Let Your Guard Down   Quit Support

Started Feb-3 by gkim; 1591 views.
In reply toRe: msg 12
abrewster14

Mar-4

When I smoked and saw one of those non smoking commercials - woman missing her jaw, man whose chest was cracked due to massive heart attack, people missing limbs, holes in their necks all due to smoking - I seriously legit would light a cigg almost defiance. 

Loreficent

Mar-4

Hahaha! Yup. “De Nile” is not just a river in Egypt. Funny how we always think it could never be us. Well, just like the lottery, someone’s gotta win. Smoking is absolutely 100% playing Roulette. Sucks, right? Those images and thoughts of that....

abrewster14

Mar-4

I don’t think you are an idiot at all. I’m 9 weeks into my quit. I read the book too and intellectually 100% get it but the thing Is honestly I tried the mad Russian, hypnotist, nrp gum lozenges patches, chantix (I’ve never thrown up more). Every quit Is different but I smoked for 23 years half a pack to a pack a day. I wanted a magic bullet that would make me not want to smoke. The action of not smoking is much easier than not wanting to mentally. I still get these thoughts every day but definitely less than in the beginning. For me I just don’t smoke and I have faith in time I will not want to anymore and I won’t think about it at all. 

KatieKat84

Mar-5

You can do it Londiann! The fact that you are quitting and on this forum shows you do not want to smoke. The voice telling you that you do want it is nicotine addiction and nothing more. Yes it’s powerful but trust you have made the right decision to quit and with every passing day, hour that voice will get quieter and quieter - until it leaves you in peace to enjoy the freedom you deserve!

Katie

4th March 2017