About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Feb-28 by Terry (abquitsmking); 32076 views.
Jatchat

Mar-20

Hi Blue,

Sorry to see you here in one sense, hiccup in your quit...but glad you chose to come back for the same reason, This forum is a powerful aid to quit smoking and it won't take much to get you back on track I hope...

As you can see I am still struggling with a quit, I keep romancing the cigarette and lose my fight, but this time feels different...anyway I feel positive... and as long as I keep up contact with like minded individuals perhaps I'll keep up the momentum, that's the reasoning at this stage anyway.

Take care my friend

Kind regards

Anthony

Jatchat

Mar-20

Love your reasons Mercy,

Life is to good to waste it behind a cloud of addiction, I've found that exercise is the key to good mental health, and floods the brain with feel good chemicals, like adrenaline dopamine and oxytocin, also having likeminded friends around you to support you on your journey, Sorry to hear about your complications, but by not smoking you will improve your outcomes I'm sure

Kind regards

Anthony

Jatchat

Mar-20

Congratulations Oxanquits on your 8 days quit thats hell week over, there is no stopping you now

Kind regards

Anthony

Jatchat

Mar-20

Persevere Lubbercat with the correct mindset you will do it, are you using a quit aid? I am using a patch and an occasional inhaler, works for me, but we are all different, I find I am drinking a lot of coffee lately, I'll have to put a check on that, ice cold water is good through a straw, anyway good luck with the quit...

Kind regards

Anthony

BlueDahlia29

Mar-20

Wonderful reasons Mercy!

BlueDahlia29

Mar-20

Thank you for the warm welcome back Anthony.  Great to see you again!

gkim

Mar-20

That is so true - God always turns what could have been bad and turns it into something good. I got Covid then that made me quit smoking. I now have over 4 months. Keep going. You can do it!

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-20

Hi,

I love that you wrote that. I look at life just like that. I am happy for your 4 months. God's will is unforeseeable and amazing. 

Mercy

13 days

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-20

Hi Anthony, 

I  love to exercise. It makes me feel better. I am sorry I missed it this last few weeks due to illness. I find it is great for stress and anxiety such as from a quit.

I hope you will be one of my likeminded friends ..

Mercy

Jatchat

Mar-20

Sorry to hear that you've been unwell, hope today is a turning point and that you are able to do some exercise, happy to be a likeminded friend. I wish you all the best

Kind regards

Anthony