About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Feb-28 by Terry (abquitsmking); 38940 views.
Jatchat

Mar-20

Congratulations Oxanquits on your 8 days quit thats hell week over, there is no stopping you now

Kind regards

Anthony

Jatchat

Mar-20

Persevere Lubbercat with the correct mindset you will do it, are you using a quit aid? I am using a patch and an occasional inhaler, works for me, but we are all different, I find I am drinking a lot of coffee lately, I'll have to put a check on that, ice cold water is good through a straw, anyway good luck with the quit...

Kind regards

Anthony

BlueDahlia29

Mar-20

Wonderful reasons Mercy!

BlueDahlia29

Mar-20

Thank you for the warm welcome back Anthony.  Great to see you again!

gkim

Mar-20

That is so true - God always turns what could have been bad and turns it into something good. I got Covid then that made me quit smoking. I now have over 4 months. Keep going. You can do it!

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-20

Hi,

I love that you wrote that. I look at life just like that. I am happy for your 4 months. God's will is unforeseeable and amazing. 

Mercy

13 days

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-20

Hi Anthony, 

I  love to exercise. It makes me feel better. I am sorry I missed it this last few weeks due to illness. I find it is great for stress and anxiety such as from a quit.

I hope you will be one of my likeminded friends ..

Mercy

Jatchat

Mar-20

Sorry to hear that you've been unwell, hope today is a turning point and that you are able to do some exercise, happy to be a likeminded friend. I wish you all the best

Kind regards

Anthony

overdoze

Mar-20

Yeah i believe that is key to be around like minded individuals, i thought i could hang around people that smoke but i saw that i a am not yet ready. That one individual being my dad i saw him about 3 weeks back and smoked a few with him, didnt enjoy them just wanted to keep him company, but immediately quit the same night and just started from the beginning again, i almost slipped again here with another person i met at bus stop, but i did a quick mental exercise that i would want to stop after i had the cig, it was difficult to say no, it was a mental battle.. Im glad i did, i just cant hang out w smokers yet, it may be a long while. 

Overdoz quit Jan 4, 2021

overdoze

Mar-20

I have heard of that happening to a lot of people, it takes a few tries to rid of us of this horrible addiction, i just reflect on what it has done to my dad, he is 74 and nicotine has destroyed him, its such a cause of so much suffering. I hope one day as a society we can just outlaw some things, i quit smoking marijuana as well cause i went to a dentist appointment and dentist said my blood pressure was high which is a side effect of marijuana use, they make it seem so innocent.. I was hungry all the time munchies, blood pressure was up, they hide so much from the public.

Im sorry you got covid i hope you are getting the necessary attention for it. 

Overdoz quit 01-04-21