About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/28/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 51844 views.
Suzy2018

4/27/21

Hi Mercy,

I'm really sorry you lost your quit too but glad you're back!   I think you might be a day ahead of me - I'm on day 5 - but we're pretty close, with Anthony too. 

I really feel for you, being so busy - when life gets like that it IS hard to keep up with everything, and sometimes it's so easy to think that smoking will help with the stress.  I tend to eat badly when I'm stressed too, and drink too much as well (so guess what, I'm overweight as well!).   

What I'm trying to do is carve out a little bit of time each day just for me, where I do something calming.  Today I just looked out of the window and watched the seagulls flying for five minutes, and I did feel that it helped.  I'm also going to try to stick closer to the forum - I know it really strengthens my resolve - but you're right, sometimes there just isn't the time.

We can get further this time, Mercy.   If we can do a month we can do two, three, six months, and beyond.  We will be so much healthier for it.

Hope you're having a good day today.

Suzy

Suzy2018

4/27/21

Thanks Blue - I did!    I seem to remember you going camping a while back?  I love it too - I love the fact that you can't really do anything else apart from be where you are, in nature (all the jobs at home are at home, no point thinking about them).   It was quite a cold, windy weekend, but a very beautiful place.

Mercy (mercy164)

4/28/21

Hi Suzy,

Yes, I am trying to make more time for me as well. I have to. The pain my body is getting in because of my running around has got to stop. I am doing better. Some weeks I have 3 doctor appointments in a week plus work and regular errands on top of 6 chronic illnesses, and it feels like I am going to fall down right where I am standing. I try to space things out, but it seems it just doesn't work all the time. 

On to happier stuff. I am so glad to hear from you, and I am glad you are back.  I wish I had out-of-country calling as I would love to talk to you! I think we hit it off well. I don't have many friends here in Oregon. I haven't found anyone I click with. I moved here about 10 years ago and made a few friends. The one that stuck passed away some 4 years ago now. I am very different for them. I think I rub them the wrong way. Oh well, I am happy with me LOL

I am going to watch episode 4 of Unforgotten now. Have a good day!

Mercy day 5

boylant22

4/30/21

Hi Suzy and Mercy,   
Just wanted to let you both know that I’m thinking about you and hoping you are staying strong in your quits and that things have quieted some for both of you. Wish life wasn’t so hard and we didn’t have to spend our lives fighting the waves day in and day out. But know you are both strong and can do this!

Mercy (mercy164)

4/30/21

Thank you for your note of encouragement.  I have had some peace thelast few days and I am thankful. 

I hope you have a great weekend!

Mercy

9 days

BlueDahlia29

5/2/21

Hi Mercy! Congrats on 9 days. This last time I quit the cravings got so much better after day 10. You should be proud of yourself for keeping at it. Breaking free from any addiction is rarely a straight road there's often curves, valleys, and mountains along the way all you can do is be the best version of yourself today and you are.

Suzy2018

5/2/21

Thank you, Tanya - what a lovely, kind message.  I am fine - busy with family stuff (not all good) but feeling kind of resigned to it all, and not (at the moment, anyway) tempted to smoke.  A few little thoughts, but that's all, and I'm very grateful.  Hope you're feeling strong too. x

Suzy2018

5/2/21

Hi Mercy,

So glad to hear you are feeling peaceful!  I hope that continues, and I am thinking of you.

Suzy

Suzy2018

5/2/21

Hi Blue,

What a lovely message from you too.  I know it was sent to Mercy not me, but I found it really inspiring.  I'm going to be the best version of myself today - and thank you.  How are you doing?  Hope all good.

Suzy2018

5/2/21

Hi Mercy,

Hope you enjoyed Unforgotten.  We've got the Season finale of Line of Duty tonight - very excited!

I wish you had out of country calling too!   Maybe one day we will meet - that would be fun.  I'm sorry about your friend that passed away - that must have been hard - and that you have so much to contend with health-wise.  Hoping things continue to improve for you, and one thing we know is true is that smoking won't help any of it.

Sending big hugs your way.

Suzy