About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/28/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 48508 views.
boylant22

Sep-16

Congratulations to you on 6 months!!!  I am still going strong as well…about to hit the 200 day mark. I am so darn proud of myself and even happier to be living a healthier life overall. It’s amazing how much better physically and mentally I feel…freer and more self-confident. Cravings are rare now, but I do still have some faint ones here and there, but they are easy to dismiss with all of the benefits I feel and recognize. 

Besides that, my life has been more stressful then ever…my middle son left for college and is causing my anxiety to go through the roof with some of the choices he’s making (and I can’t seem to control or stop) and my 37 year old brother was recently diagnosed with heart failure with a life expectancy of likely under a year without a transplant. Talk about stress…and still I know that smoking is not my friend and would not change any part of those situations. 

stay strong all of my non-smoking friends and continue to make good choices one day at a time.