About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Feb-28 by Terry (abquitsmking); 38933 views.
Jatchat

Mar-16

Smoking is a no win situation, congratulations on ditching the cig, I wish you all the best

Jatchat

Mar-16

Without this forum I would still be smoking it has helped me to connect with like minds all over the globe and so reinforced my will to quit, Thank you forum

Jatchat

Mar-16

Hi Mercy,

I remember you from a few quits back lets hope we can be successful this time round, hope you're feeling better soon

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-16

Hi!

I remember you too! Good to see you. I am glad you are here. Thank you for saying hello. 

Mercy

11 days

Meg2021

Mar-16

Thanks for the welcome! I'm happy to be a part of this forum

Meg2021

Mar-16

Thank you for the support and well wishes. I'm just starting out and they're great to read. 

Loreficent

Mar-16

Welcome Meg!

Have you read the articles at the beginning of the March New Ex Smokers folder? They are half way down, linked by a sentence highlighted in blue that say “Homework for New Ex smokers” or something like that. 

Stay close to here at first and you’ll not feel so overwhelmed. There is a lot of validation from others going through it, or some ways into/beyond the first few weeks. Having the support of those that “get it” will make a big difference!

Meg2021

Mar-17

Thank you and hi! I have read the homework and some of the articles were really helpful. I'm excited to be a part of this forum! Thanks for the welcome :)

boylant22

Mar-17

Meg,

I wish you the very best luck. Perhaps you will be blessed with the luck of the Irish with a St. Patrick’s Day quit!  Setting your date is THE biggest step. It’s not easy, but it is so worth it. Welcome to the non smokers club March 2021

Meg2021

Mar-17

Haha I hope so! Thank you so much!