About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/28/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 46458 views.
Meg2021

3/18/21

Congrats on your quit, Suzy. And thank you for your kind words. This is day three and I'm already feeling less congested, and every day that passes feels like a big accomplishment, even if I spent most of it binge-watching silly crime procedural shows. So that's something! I wrote a letter to myself about why I wanted to quit and taped it on my fridge. That helps. 

I'm glad your breathing is better, and I look forward to continued improvement, too. Things are looking up! 

• Edited March 18, 2021 5:19 pm  by  Meg2021
Meg2021

3/18/21

You can do it! Just take it a day at a time. And welcome back! You'll be on that treadmill before you know it. 

Nope62

3/19/21

Glad to see that you are back!  I wish you Luck! I hope you can hang onto your quit this time.

Don't feel bad at all about failed quits. Most people don't make it on their first quit. I quit seven times last year alone. I'm just hoping that one will stick eventually.

If you are only smoking 1 or 2 a day, that's torture. Just go ahead and give it up.

Take Care!

Lubbercat

3/19/21

Thank you.  Hoping to get on the treadmill this weekend, it will at least be a distraction!

Lubbercat

3/19/21

Thank you.  I really hope this one sticks.  I started off this year with the attitude that I would not smoke all year, this was going to be my year and yet, here I am quitting again.  

I know doing the 1 or 2 a day is torture, it is the I get mad or restless over stuff at my house and go smoke 1, then I wake up in the morning determined to quit again.  I am going to get this right sooner or later.

On to another day.

oxanquits

3/19/21

Day 8 now. YES, 1 week completed. It's way easier now, but the cravings are unexpected. I feel nothing most of the time and then it hits me, like trying what could work :) Anyway, it's the longest I've been without cigs this year, won't stop heresparkles 

Happy for you keeping your quit too, congrats!

• Edited March 19, 2021 9:52 am  by  oxanquits
In reply toRe: msg 81
BlueDahlia29

3/19/21

Hi everyone. I had quit smoking for 2 years 4 mos and 19 day ( but who's counting right) and last Friday I smoked and also smoked on Weds, Thursday, and 2 this morning. I can see myself becoming addicted again and want to stop right now, I don't want this in my life was way to good without it. I hope you all don't mind me joining you in the March quitters thread, need the support and will give it back too. Wishing all of you success on your journey at whatever stage your at.

Blue

BlueDahlia29

3/19/21

Hi Mercy. Don't know if you remember me we were quitters together in another monthly group a couple years ago. I recently had a relapse, after over 2 years smoke free, and am coming back here before it gets too out of control. Anyway great to see a familiar face, wish you luck and success with your journey.

Blue

oxanquits

3/19/21

Don't blame yourself for not doing it right before. Keep quitting until you quit. This happened to me too, but as I can see here it happens to many of us (and there is one main reason/chemical behind it). You can make it stick this time! Educate yourself, use this forum and do whatever it takes to get through those first days. Time will make it easier, I hope ( I am early in the quit so I don't know for sure grinning)

Mercy (mercy164)

3/19/21

Blue!!

How could I not remember you. You were one person I was really hoping to see. I am glad you found me. I haven't been able to post to much because I have covid. Thankfully,  it isn't deadly but it is pretty bad.

How are you? How long have you quit for now? How is life? 

Let's get caught up. 

Mercy