About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 2/28/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 45581 views.
Mercy (mercy164)

3/19/21

I relapsed after 10 years smoke free. Glad your back.  Sorry for the two letter post. : )

BlueDahlia29

3/19/21

Hi Mercy!!! Sorry to hear you have covid that's awful. Been fortunate, as far as I know haven't gotten it, thought I had it last year but tested negative. Sister in law and my husbands co worker actually passed away from it and a friend of ours is in the hospital with it right now. Not something to mess with, if you feel you need to go to the hospital don't hesitate.  I had been quit well over 2 years then last Friday smoked and smoked the last 3 days, not like a whole pack but I don't want to be smoking any. Came here in hopes to get my quit back on track, needed some support. How are you doing with your quit?

BlueDahlia29

3/19/21

That's rough. Did you have some stressors in your life at the time? For me I started thinking about it about 2 weeks before I actually smoked. Didn't help we were watching the series Breaking Bad and many of the characters smoked on the show.

Anne2020

3/19/21

oh my gosh - 10 yrs!  What made you decide to smoke again?  Did you think it would be just one?

Anne2020

3/19/21

I too find triggers from the movies and tv programs.  

Loreficent

3/19/21

Oh Blue...bummer. Well, you are here where is exactly where it will be most helpful. I hope you are dusted off and forgiving yourself. The disappointment can be a double edged sword that feeds the addict as you know.

I loved “ Breaking Bad”. Yeah...a lot of smoking. I notice now the ratings for shows tell why they are rated as such and “smoking” is now a warning. Well, most of us certainly understand that trigger. 

Here for you for sure! blush

Suzy2018

3/19/21

Hi Meg,

Congratulations on three days - it IS a huge accomplishment - and I'm so glad to hear that you're already starting to see some of the benefits.   Things really are looking up for all of us, as of course they should when we're not paying good money to poison ourselves and clog up our lungs!  

And it doesn't matter how much TV we're watching at the moment (and I am too!) - whatever gets us through these early days is fine!

Suzy2018

3/19/21

Congrats on Day 8 - that's wonderful.  Yep, some of the cravings do feel really sneaky, don't they?    But we can do it - we'll whack'em down one at a time until they stop trying it on!

Thanks for your help too, Oxana. 

Suzy2018

3/19/21

Dear Blue, I remember you from a few years back.  It really sucks when you lose a long quit (I know!), but good for you for getting back on the horse so quickly.  And you're right, life is way too good without the cancer sticks.  I'd forgotten that, but it's coming back to me now after less than two weeks.  I'm really glad you haven't forgotten it, and that you've come back on here when you needed to.  We'll all support you too - we're in this together.

Good luck, and stay strong - as you know from the last couple of years, it really is worth it.

Suzy 

BlueDahlia29

3/19/21

All dusted off and rearing to go, so today is my day 1, gotta start somewhere.  Breaking Bad was an amazing series for sure, best I've ever seen. Love Aaron Paul. Actually all of the actors in that show did an amazing job.