About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2021 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Feb-28 by Terry (abquitsmking); 31899 views.
Suzy2018

Mar-19

Dear Blue,

You're not rambling, and it wouldn't matter if you were anyway!   You're in the right place to vent if you want to, and to get support when you need it.   It sounds as if you had so many benefits from not smoking, and I'm really glad you're planning on holding on to them. You've only smoked a few days, so you're not way off course - you've just had a bit of a detour and you're already back on the right road. 

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-19

I was ( and am) in chronic pain and I wanted to drink from the pain making me crazy. I am a recovering alcoholic with 16 years sober so I ended up choosing a cigarette.  Worst mistake ever. Looking back on it, I wish I would have chose neither. The pain wore me down until I began to think irrationally.  Since then, I have spent 6 years trying on and off to stop again.

BlueDahlia29

Mar-19

He did have good teeth for using all that meth lol, and wasn't all that skinny. Skinny Pete really looked like a meth head. Haven't seen Ozark or the Queen's Gambit. Love chess so think I'd like the Queen's Gambit.

BlueDahlia29

Mar-19

You're story is very similar to mine. When I quit smoking over 2  years ago I went back to drinking. Took me a year and a half to get another drinking quit (haven't drank for 9 mos now) so when I was extremely stressed and couldn't take any more pressure I chose to smoke to deal with it because didn't want to lose my sobriety. Also wish I didn't choose to do that but getting back on track. Addiction sucks! 

BlueDahlia29

Mar-19

Thankfully don't seem to be physically addicted this time, just a mental battle and not so bad so far today. Nothing like my original smoking quit that was a nightmare. How are you doing Suzy?

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-19

Same for me. My mental battle is bad. I go through it. I'm glad you are getting me on here. Thanks. I'm sick and want to hide but that isn't good for me..

Mercy

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-19

My 6 chronic illnesses  lol. They will do it to me. If it ain't that it's the PTSD. I'm a mess.

Mercy (mercy164)

Mar-19

I'm sorry you lost your quit but I am glad you are here with me. What a God move!

BlueDahlia29

Mar-19

God is turning something that could be considered a bad thing and turning it into a blessing and something great. Glad to be connected with you again too Mercy.

BlueDahlia29

Mar-19

I think we have quite a few things in common Mercy, also dealing with some illnesses, including a mental health one. Have ulcerative colitis, Hashimotos disease, osteoarthritis, and schizoaffective disorder...doesn't sound good does it lol. What are your conditions your dealing with?