About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New here and just quit    Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Mar-14 by Ardraven; 1542 views.
Ardraven

Mar-17

Nice one. All the best with your quit too

Ardraven

Mar-17

Thank you. My best distraction and one of my big motivations to stay quit is my wonderful little dog. I want to avoid getting too short of breath for the walks he loves and I read a Canadian study that found exercise was more effective than NRT in helping a group of women in early pregnancy to quit, so any time I start to struggle a bit I grab his lead and head out for a walk with the dog!

Jatchat

Mar-17

Yes I use exercise quite a bit, just for general health it is good, let alone for quit smoking, I wish you all the best in your quit journey

Ardraven

Mar-17

Thank you, I know this is my time to quit for good, I am determined and have no mixed feelings whatsoever. There are too many things I want to live long enough to do for me to go back to the habit that was killing me while ruining the quality of the life I had left

Nope62

Mar-17

Welcome! Exercise is a great way to work through a craving.

Good Luck with your quit!

Anne2020

Mar-18

I know right?  The cost is frightening.  If I add it up over the years - a couple hundred thousand dollars (Canadian).  I mean its just.......  

Jatchat

Mar-18

That's the attitude of a winner, I am predicting you will succeed...

overdoze

Mar-28

thats awesome, i cant get motivated to exercise, i think its the weather..

I was visiting my brother in Arizona and i worked out everyday, it must be the sun giving positive vibes down there, here its been rather gloomy and rainy.. hope your having a nice day or evening in Australia

Jatchat

Mar-29

We've just had two weeks of gloomy  weather, but the sun is back out and wearing a smile. Going in for my hip operation on Thursday, hopefully all goes well.

One month up on the quit calendar and going strong have cut down to a 14mg patch plus inhaler.

Hope you're doing well , the visit to see your brother would be a great break to have..

Kind regards

Anthony

overdoze

Mar-29

Hope your operation goes well. Yeah it was good getting out of the cold and cloudiness here in chicago and being in Arizona this year, yay. Im struggling a little with the smoking, i slipped a little due too much stress, have reevaluated what happened and getting on the horse again. 

Lets make it a smoke free day..