About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Friday 16th April 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Apr-15 by Jatchat; 830 views.
Jatchat

Apr-15

Hi all,

It's a NOPE from me 

Kind regards

Anthony

overdoze

Apr-15

yep, sounds good.. ill follow your lead. 

Overdoz quit 04-15-21

boylant22

Apr-16

Just after midnight here in the states so officially joining you in NOPE today too, Anthony. Hope recovery is continuing to go well. Even though I haven’t been posting here as much, I’m still hanging in there and made it through the 45 day mark today :)

Jatchat

Apr-16

Well you probably have not read that I busted my quit of 44 days. And have since restarted and am on day 4 of my new quit.

Congratulations on your 45 day quit, whatever your doing is working, great work.

oxanquits

Apr-16

Hi, I pledge NOPE today, strength to everyone.

blackbird912

Apr-16

Oksana,  

So glad to see you here today!  I think you said you are about 1 month quit, right?    Thank you for sticking close to me my first few days of my quit..  Hugs!

I will join you and anybody else today and commit to N.O.P.E.
let’s stick together! 

oxanquits

Apr-16

Hi Chris, yes, over 1 month now, the first few days are the worst, glad you’re over it now too and on guard still! How was your testing if I may ask? 

Eve1973

Apr-16

Happy Friday all!

Today I am joining in the NOPE PLEDGE! Not one puff ever!

blackbird912

Apr-16

I am cancer free!  My lungs look good!  I had a ct scan on my liver the other day and thankful it turned out ok.  Every 6 months I will be getting ct scans on lung and liver. There is a small amount of fluid around my heart. Dr is not alarmed although having it checked out.  For as many years as I smoked I am not surprised with any of this.  Nothing like another health scare to keep from smoking.  Crazy, how addiction works and the mind games.  I have been smoking 50 years on and off.  I might have a total of 6 years out of the 50 years of not smoking.  Sure hope I can make this one stick.   It seems that a few months into a quit and I talk myself into smoking——just one.   like we all know that doesn’t work.  Such a evil little white stick, isn’t it?

How many times have you quit?  What possessed you to quit?

MartiJB

Apr-16

NOPE for me today.

Chris, so thankful about your scan results!!