About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge, Saturday 19th June 2021   General Chit-Chat

Started Jun-18 by Jatchat; 491 views.
overdoze

Jun-18

Right there with you, i was at corner store that i used to buy some loosies at (single cigs) and i saw owner also sold bananas and some good chocolote, so i had that instead and it helped out a lot. Probably it having to do with the hand to mouth movement that we also miss when quitting. 

Were having a hot summer here in Chicago, which i cant complain, beats the dead of winter when we cant walk or bike cause of the ice..

Jatchat

Jun-18

Great to know, yeah hand to mouth, I use ice cold water through a straw when I'm not raiding the fridge.

Weather is cool here winter and all, forecast gale today.

Cazza2468

Jun-18

Nope for me today. Just passed 1 year and 4 months

just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and eventually to come to a place of relative peace.

have a great weekend 

caz

Jatchat

Jun-18

Congratulations Caz, great to hear from you, yes one foot in front of another, don't look back

PanamaSarah

Jun-20

Day 11 for me! I pledge NOPE today also.  Admittedly this is not easy, but worth it. The one mantra I am using is:  Give up one thing for everything..  or give up everything for one thing. That is helping! 

Jatchat

Jun-20

Hi Sarah

That's great your on day 11, I am on Day 6 and my mantra is 'I choose not to smoke', good luck on your journey to a new life, I am using patches and the occasional lozenge and inhaler, are you using any quit aids?

Kind regards

Anthony

PanamaSarah

Jun-21

thanks Anthony.   gum and patches (sometimes at the same time!) 

FredNNnamdi

Jun-23

I pledge nope today....Day 23.