About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/1/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 51615 views.
Denim50

11/5/21

Hey Diana, 

So happy for you and to hear the happiness in your post. That’s so great. Congratulations too on staying strong and driving on yesterday. Glad you kicked that thought. Way to go Diana! I’m so glad to hear you’re geocaching this weekend too. It seems like such great fun and I hope you reach the top by getting all of those points. I also hope you have a wonderfully fun time participating in the event. Please let us know how it goes/went. Good luck.  

Congratulations to you and your daughter both on the move. I wish her the best with it. 

Stay warm, have fun enjoying the weekend, and I can’t wait to hear all about it. Also, again, congratulations on three months! You’re doing great! 

Have a great day.  

• Edited November 5, 2021 11:07 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

11/7/21

Hey Kathie, 

Congratulations on three months smoke free yesterday! I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating this terrific achievement. I also hope you did something special to celebrate. I’m sorry that this is posted a day late as I was hoping to celebrate this with you Saturday. However, a personal matter came up and I needed to be off the forum. Nonetheless, I’m so happy for you and it really was great to see you posting again. Anyway, you have a lot to be proud of and I wish you all the best as you continue forward with your smoke free journey. 

Have a great day.  

In reply toRe: msg 486
freckled1968

11/7/21

Hi everyone, congrats to Diana and lubbercat for 3 months somber. I’m still hanging in there. I do find myself romanticising having a smoke at least once a day currently but it’s been nearly 4 months now and I’m not ready to throw in the towel. I just think it’s cos I’m battling the drink as well it’s really hard and I find myself thinking maybe if I started vaping again it would help me with the drinking. Not rational thinking I know. How’s everyone one else doing. Sorry I don’t get on here much, I do check in every day but some days I feel so despondent I don’t feel like posting as I don’t want to bring people down. Anyways I’m nearly 16 weeks somber and 1 week sober so all good at the moment

freckles xx

oxanquits

11/7/21

Hi freckles, congrats on 4 month smober and 1 week sober. You are doing great, don’t fall for junky thinking (rationalization). Smoking or vaping won’t help you with alcohol withdrawal. They are both powerful addictions and one won’t help you quit the other…in fact it’s opposite, continuing smoking (and coming back to smoking is even worth I think) increase possibility of alcohol relapse. There are researches proving this.

I quit drinking after being 5m smober too, now 2 month sober, for me I would rather have a drink than go back to the hell of smoking and quitting. I don’t know how bad is your situation, but my advice would be don’t smoke,.. and also don’t drink! :) :D you can do it!

• Edited November 7, 2021 7:20 pm  by  oxanquits
Lubbercat

11/8/21

Freckles

Good to hear from you and congratulations on 4 months smober and 1 week sober, that is fantastic.  Just keep going forward and I know it will get better with time.  Also, do not worry about pulling others down, if you feel it will help you, reach out on here to all of us!

freckled1968

11/8/21

Thanks lubbermeans a lot xx

Anne2020

11/8/21

You are doing GREAT!  You have built a solid foundation.  Remember, this is a lifestyle choice.  You are entering a new experience for the rest of your life.  Enjoy the transition and know, you are walking forward towards your smoke free (and alcohol free) lifestyle, leaving the addictions behind you.

Don't look back.   Cheers!!!    

freckled1968

11/8/21

Thanks Anne for your words of wisdom. Much appreciated xx

Denim50

11/9/21

Hey Lubbercat, 

Fourteen weeks is great! Hope you’ve been having a wonderful day celebrating! Did you do something special today to celebrate? I hope that you did/are. You deserve it! 

Have a great day.  

Lubbercat

11/10/21

Thank you Denim.......I am celebrating by going out of town this weekend! 

I have been busy with crafts for shut ins and convalescent homes for Christmas.........getting decorations, etc ready for the baby shower in December, trying to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner at my house and get my house ready for out of town guests........also trying to get everything bought and wrapped for Christmas.  Most days I don't know if I am coming or going.....and my husband leaves a week from today for 6 weeks (does Santa in another state)......Got 2 friends in the hospital that I need to get meals delivered to their families.

However, most days busy is good.  Sometimes, I feel overwhelmed but, then I look at it the other way and know that I am very loved and that is why I am soooooo busy!