About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/1/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 51614 views.
Denim50

11/18/21

Have a great day.  

Lubbercat

11/19/21

Diana

I have not seen you on here for a while.  Congrats on 15 weeks.  How are you doing?  Hope everything is going okay with you?

Denim50

11/19/21

Have a great day.  

Denim50

Nov-22

Way to go Freckles! 

Have a great day.  

freckled1968

Nov-22

Thanks for remembering denim. You’re so kind and thoughtful. Most days are good but still lingering feelings about how nice it would be to smoke. I guess I just keep on nopeing and hope things will turn a corner. I remember my last quit took me as bout a year to feel comfortable, can’t believe I gave up on that quit after nearly 4 years. Still onwards and upwards. Hope all is well for you xx

xvaper

Nov-22

Hi Diana, happy to hear you are doing so well. I work at home and until I had my written schedule to adhere to I was the same. Try it it helped me a lot.

Denim50

Nov-23

Hey Freckles, 

You’re welcome and thank you too. That’s very sweet of you to say. relaxed 

It takes most of us that first year. That’s why that first year is so important and why that one year milestone is so greatly celebrated. Nonetheless, I believe that you can do it. As the months accumulate our quits become more and more manageable with the passing of each one. That’s not to say, as you’ve said, that we don’t still have the occasional thought but they’re fewer and, as I said, more manageable. We were used to them (smokes) being there through everything but when we quit and they’re not there it leaves a noticeable void, and we have to learn how to get through everything again without them. That takes time because it truly is a year of first. First argument, first birthday or other types of celebrations, first get together with friends/family, first holiday, first upset, first night out, etc.. We have to basically relearn how to handle everything, life basically, without something we had gotten used to carrying with us through it. Right down to the simplest things, such as Lubbercat said, even sitting on a porch where you used to sit and smoke. So, don’t beat yourself up over what happened before. You’re dealing with enough now. Instead, try to remind yourself that you’re doing great and of how far you’ve come. During this first year you’ve already knocked those 12 months down to 8 and what a great gift to give yourself next month, than to knock it down to 7. You’re doing this and you really are doing great, even in moments that may not feel that way now. You’ll have your freedom again. I believe that. You’re strong and look at the things you’ve already gotten through. Keep going and know that you will round that corner and that freedom from this awaits you again (along with a huge celebration of course. wink). Seriously, you can do this and we’re all here for you and have your back anytime you need us. As you said, onwards and upwards. Again, big congratulations on reaching four months quit. That truly is fabulous! 

Hugs.  

Have a great day.  

• Edited November 23, 2021 9:32 am  by  Denim50
Denim50

Nov-23

Hey Lubbercat, 

Congratulations on 16 weeks smoke free! I hope you have a great day celebrating, although I know it will also be busy one. Still, I hope you take a moment to pat yourself on the back and do something special for yourself. You’ve earned it and you certainly deserve it. Best wishes as keep moving forward. Hugs.  

Have a great day.  

• Edited November 23, 2021 10:20 am  by  Denim50
Lubbercat

Nov-23

Denim

Thank you so much!  Honestly, I will be happy to go home, drink some hot coffee, set up my Christmas tree and just sit!

Denim50

Nov-24

Have a great day.