About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 8/1/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 56206 views.
Lubbercat

Apr-5

Denim

Thank you.....Yes 8 months.......35 weeks.......245 days........67% of a year.......almost there.  I can say most days I get through without ever even thinking about it but, there are some days when I still really want to smoke, I just don't.

My celebration for my 8 months will be a 3 day weekend get away with my sisters!

Yay ME!

Kathy

Denim50

Apr-10

Hey Kathy, 

That's terrific! I hope you and your sisters are having a great weekend together! What a wonderful way to celebrate. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

Lubbercat

Apr-11

Denim

Thank you......and, yes, we had a fabulous time over the last 3 days.  Then I had to come back to work!  LOL

Hope you have an awesome week!

Denim50

Apr-12

Thanks Kathy. relaxed 

Denim50

Apr-19

Hey Kathy, 

I hope you're having a terrific day and that you're staying warm. The weather is still in a bit of transition I think, lol. Anyway, big congratulations on another weekly milestone! tada You're doing great and you're inspiring others. Thank you for the support you lend to those following along. Mod Marge used to tell us during that first year that we were building our quit muscles as we went and I do see that you are too and love seeing how strong you've grown in your quit and how far you've come. I've no doubt that you'll keep going too. Just think, 3/4 of a year next month for you and I can't wait to celebrate it with you! You and Freckles are doing great and I'm so happy you both have stuck with it. You've a lot to be proud of! Again, congratulations and yay you! 

Lubbercat

Apr-20

Denim

Thank you so much......Yes, I am at 37 weeks and will hit 9 months in 2 more weeks!  I can't say it has not been without some struggles but so worth it.  Like I was just telling Anthony, coming home and having a baby in my arms has helped for sure, can't smoke around the baby!  

I do try to pop in every now and again just to see how everyone is doing.  It is still tax season in my world so I am really busy at work.  

Hope you are doing okay?  I think it is great that you took over the forum.  

Kathy

Denim50

Apr-21

Hey Freckles, 

What a wonderful milestone to celebrate! Huge congratulations on your accomplishment! tada This is a great achievement and we are all so happy for you and to celebrate it with you! I hope you have a terrific time celebrating and treat yourself to something extra special today. You deserve it and you have so much to be proud of today. Best wishes to you as you keep moving forward. The first year isn't a easy ride but it's one worth taking and you're doing it. I'm so happy for your success. Keep posting and keep going. You're doing it! WOO-HOO! YEAH! 

"Cheers to you Freckles!" 

Denim50

Apr-21

Hey Kathy, 

The first year really is a roller coaster but, as you said, it's worth it. It really does get better and better the further along you go though. It may not seem it at the start but like any roller coaster it does eventually slow down to let us off and becomes more of the journey often spoken of on the forum. I'm glad the little one is helping to keep you on track too. For me and my quit-buddies a lot of it was laughter that helped through the frustration. I remember a couple of my quit-buddies and I were talking about that roller coaster once and I remember saying, in reference to it, I think I may have got in the wrong line at this carnival, lol, but like you, we kept going and, as you said, it's so worth it. Now that roller coaster is only a remembrance and it will be for you too, I've no doubt. I think you and Freckles both are really doing amazing and I know you both will make it and be celebrating your first year of freedom from smoking in a few short months and I'm so thrilled for you both. relaxed 

Thank you for asking. I'm doing. Hope you and your family are well. 

Thank you so much too for your very kind message of support. It's so greatly appreciated. Thank you.  

I hope you're having a great week, albeit a busy one. Talk again soon. 

freckled1968

Apr-21

Thanks so much Denim for celebrating with me. Hope you’re doing wellxx

Lubbercat

Apr-21

Freckled

CONGRATULATIONS!  So exciting to be celebrating yet another month.  You are almost there........soon it will be a year and I will be right behind you.

Hope you did something to celebrate?

Kathy