About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/31/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 14248 views.
Lubbercat

11/10/21

Good job Isabella on making it through yet another day.  Wake up this morning, arm yourself with that NOPE and post if you need any help!

Anne2020

11/10/21

That is great!  Well done.

Wait till you taste some of your common food picks.  The difference in the taste will pop your eyes.  For me, coffee.  It never tasted better I swear I just love it.  But it has to be good coffee. Because now, I can also taste bad coffee and bad tastes really, really bad. 

You might even change some of your food choices.  Go for it. Explore the foods.  It is only one of so may things smoking has muddled and ruined in the past.  As a non-smoker, you get a new experience.  A truer experience.  

All part of your new non-smoking lifestyle.  What until you smell your soap!.....lol enjoy

wharry30

11/10/21

just realized its a typo actually day 5 lol 

wharry30

11/10/21

I'm scared of coffee never had it since I stopped coffee was always associated with a cig for me.

Anne2020

11/10/21

I know right!  I was too.  But, I couldn't resist after about the second week.  I took my coffee to the office where I couldn't smoke so I wasn't tempted to smoke.  Wow, what a difference in the taste.  No matter if you drink coffee or not.  The point is the taste of all food is going to change, and for the better.  

wharry30

11/10/21

I'm today on day 5 and the cravings is further apart. Lasts also much shorter. Keep well.

Anne2020

11/10/21

Excellent!  I am so pleased for you.  Well done.  Remember, you are in control of what you do.  Don't let old thought patterns drag you back into that smoke filled room. 

Cheers  Happy Face GIFs | Tenor

• Edited November 10, 2021 3:06 pm  by  Anne2020
In reply toRe: msg 28
feafee78

11/10/21

Still figuring out how this forum works, so I hope I’m posting this right. 
I quit yesterday afternoon, so almost to 24 hours. I’m an experienced quitter who has repeatedly thought I could have just a few and been proven wrong so many times. I had a few 2 year quits in the 19 years since I first quit. 
Today has gone ok. My dog gets up and runs to the back door every time I stand up from the couch, giving me a lovely reminder of where I’d normally be going, lol. 

Jatchat

11/11/21

Hi feafee,

Congratulations on making the decision to quit, it's not easy on one hand, a no brainer on the other hand, I have been trying to quit for 23 months now and have had varying successes, the most being a ten  week quit, I am currently in my 12th day of a quit and just using the spray infrequently. My downfall is romancing the cigarette, and it aint hard as my wife smokes so there always around the house.

If you can make it through the first three days you are well on your way to remaining smoke free, Your post was successful well done, at times a new forum can take a little while to get used to, but as you can see the navigation pane is to the left of your screen, your not new to quitting but there are some useful posts in the Quit Smoking Library at the bottom of the navigation pane.

Good luck on your journey, breathe deep and post often,

Kind regards

Anthony

feafee78

11/11/21

Thank you so much for the response! I was starting to think maybe I’d posted it wrong, lol. I’ve made it through the first and second day a few times this month, so that third one seems to be the elusive one. I’m hoping being able to reach out here will help get me get past those crazy thoughts that get me thinking I want to lose my quit. 
I’m sure I’ll be posting more tomorrow. Thanks again.