About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

414 days and counting    Quit Support

Started Apr-25 by katman3; 688 views.
katman3

Apr-25

It’s been over a year I quit cold turkey ,smoking, drinking and toking without much support from my surroundings trying to keep busy working,training, playing sports ,painting and what not just to keep my mind off of the addiction it’s been 30 years of smoking and drinking ,do I feel better not really am I more aggressive yes it’s not easy 

JavaNY

Apr-25

It's not easy, but it gets better. 3 months for me. Keep the faith.

Loreficent

Apr-28

Hey Katman,

Aggression can be a good thing. It’s energy. Sounds like you are channeling it into some useful things with the sports and painting. I am curious what the “what not” is, lol joy

Be aggressive! Take that energy and be inspired! If you you feel it is coming out in a negative way, stop and take a breath and realize how much power you have in that moment and channel it. You have the power and now well over a year of momentum. So good. 

katman3

Apr-28

Thanks a million for the support

Loreficent

Apr-28

Of course! 
What you training for? 

katman3

Apr-28

weight training lol

xvaper

Apr-29

Thank is incredibly impressive. You changed your life around. So worth it!

candrew

Apr-30

You have conquered the one of most important  things in your adult life. That being smoke-free. You have suffered enough.

The past is history., It's only today that we have to live our best life. Stay focused on the positive. 

Keep busy as I know you are. It's important to create diversions and add to them as you see fit. That is good therapy.

30 years is a long time. How about the next 30?   

Strengthen your commitment  daily  and ignore the obstacles, You are doing this for yourself. I wish you success. My 

feelings are that self care is the name of the game and  you are worth it.

Good day.

Andrew

katman3

Apr-30

Thank you for the kind, encouraging words my friend 

overdoze

May-22

I wish I could get motivated to lift weights again, I used to do deadlifts, and squats chest, back, shoulders...

Im trying to get my but to the gym today and slowly ease into a few exercises, that was the best I ever felt in my life, doing weights and running..

Are you an artist? or do you do house painting? I read you have been painting.. I wanted to get a drafting table cause I used to draw architecture stuff, passes the time.