About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Day 1again!   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started May-5 by Devildog2147; 10901 views.
Lubbercat

Jun-13

Good to see you on here.  How are you doing?

I jump on here every now and then just to see if I still know anyone.  I am still going strong and just passed my 10 months.

Kathy

Anne2020

Jun-13

Right ON!!!! I have been wondering how you were doing.  You must be so pleased you are over the worst of it all and back on track to your smoke free lifestyle.  Well done and hey,

CONGRATULATIONSCongratulations GIFs | Tenor

Jatchat

Jun-13

I am doing well thanks Kathy, still smoking but cracking a few heads in the meantime,

In Christ

Anthony

P.S. Congratulations on your ten month quit, rooting for you to make it 12

Lubbercat

Jun-14

Anne

Thank you.  I have been on here and read some stuff off and on but, just been super busy here at work and at home.  Summer time bring grandkids home for about 6-8 weeks....I have 7 of the grands from out of town staying at my house so, it is very busy.

I am very excited about being so close to a year but, I also know that there are days that staying smoke free is still a challenge for me also.

Glad you are still on here and a few others that I know.  Hope you have a great day.

Kathy

Lubbercat

Jun-14

Anthony

Good to hear you are doing well.  Believe me, if you keep trying, those non smoking days soon add up.  Took a few years of just being persistent in trying again and again.......during those few years, I had more non smoking days then smoking for sure though so that was a good thing.  And, now I am past 10 months and looking forward to hitting that 1 year mark.  It still has challenging days though so, I have to stay aware that it is ready to attack at any time.

Hope you have an awesome day

Kathy

Anne2020

Jun-14

Once and addict, always an addict.  I know you know you cannot take even one puff.  Absolutely NOT.  You do not want to regress.

7 grandkids - you are so lucky to have so much family around you.  I can only wish for such blessings.  

Good on you -  you are doing great!!!

Cheers!    

Lubbercat

Jun-14

Anne

Thank you, yes I do know not one puff ever.  That is hard living with a smoker.

I am very blessed with grandkids.  I have a total of 22.  Six of those, I really don't see at all, 7 live out of town and come for half the summer, one lives with me and the other 8 live close and just pop in and out whenever they call and want to come over......LOL  They range in age from 18 years old to 3 1/2 months old so, it is a lot to keep up with.

I am also blessed with many friends from different areas of my life that keep me going and keep me away from those things that are bad for me!

Hope you are having a fabulous summer?

Kathy

Jatchat

Jun-15

Thanks for your support Kathy, we will see how we go today

overdoze

Jun-22

Yeah its no easy task to quit. Its been 5 weeks for me but seems way longer than that for some reason. I think its my 20th attempt this year, i would quit like every week so far this year, sometimes a quit will stick. 

I have been using the patches religiously and will work down to the 14mg ones this week. that has been the key for me is using the patches. You have to quit when its right for you.

Douglas8845

Jun-22

Hey overdoze,

The patch was one of the ingredients of my successful quit. I started with the 21mg patch and was going to use it for at least 4 weeks.  Took it off at night because i had weird dreams if I kept it on.  Everything  was working fine.  With the patch I would forget to want a smoke... sometimes I would feel like lighting one up but in 10 or 15 minutes I would forget about it.  On the last day of the week 4 I left the house  without it.  I panicked but remembered I still had patches at home.  Running late i decided to wing it without,  and it worked.  The craving for a smoke got smaller and smaller.. in exactly one month i will be 10 years cigarette and nicotine free!!!