About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nope 25072022   General Chit-Chat

Started Jul-24 by Nan08; 518 views.
In reply toRe: msg 3
candrew

Aug-12

I am replicating a post that I made tonight. I think I have a strong message to share with a few other people. Here it is:

Just checking in. How are you today?

I am well and still smoke-free. 12 weeks and going strong. It seems like longer than 3 months. Sometimes I get my dates mixed up, slight dementia. Pushing 70 yrs. I am feeling like a teenager in a senior's body. Lately my outlook on life has changed so much, I can't believe it. I enjoy things like never before. Quitting smoking is only a part of my newfound state but it has also helped me to view life in a new and exciting way. 

Yea, I am still sucking on those damn pouches. Along with my excessive caffeine consumption I sail through the days with energy and enthusiasm.  I love to spread my positive energy to family, friends and even people I meet along the way. What a difference compared to my "old self". 

I never thought I would ever quit smoking. I was doomed to be lifelong smoker or so I thought. That coupled with overcoming my demon alcohol, I now have a new perspective of my life to come. What a difference.

My message to those who are still suffering from the addiction, keep trying. It took me decades to figure it out. I have never been so confident as I am today. A day at a time I can see 2023 and beyond. Wow!

I really appreciate all of the feedback that I get daily from everyone on this site. You are a huge reason that I have been able to stay focused. I hope to never lose sight of the importance of others in my life. We will overcome. together. 

Danci'n through the day and night. 

Andrew

CC to overdozEve1973
Rassister

Aug-20

Hello Andrew,

Congratulations on all that you have done!  I am really  happy for you.  As a long time smoker of 40 years, I share the feelings you have highlighted!  Keep dancin through the day and night.

All the best to you,

Marilyn 

Quit 2/25/2018

March Warriors 2018

candrew

Aug-20

Hey Marylin

You have been busy making the rounds .

Thanx go the post. Yes this site has been a huge influence in my journey. I love writing positive reply’s that make me stronger in my commitment . I wish all that are suffering from this problem find the strength to overcome. Its in all of us to find freedom from nicotine. You can!

Dancin’

Andrew