About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Inspiration and Encouragement   Quit Support

Started 12/12/15 by revwendyb; 183799 views.
Lil'Bakerman

1/3/16

Now THAT is inspirational !

Amy (AmyandBrooke)

1/4/16

What a great quote. Thank you!

nevrhome

1/6/16

Here is a quote that is from one of the milestones story I read recently, I wrote it down to remind me of my goal to stay quit :> )

" No one is ever sad that they quit, and No one is   ever happy that they relapsed"  

Happy Smokefree Wednesday!

lm2015

1/6/16

Grace,

I'm so glad your health is improving.  Sounds like you are on the road again.  (Willie Nelson).

You are staying with your quit and that is wonderful.  I like that quote.  We all need support.

Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Laura 10boom

Chris D

1/6/16

One of the quotes that I would say to myself while trying to get the courage to quit:

"You cannot plow a field, by turning it over in your mind"

Msg 850.32 deleted

Hi Wendy,

Your quote reminds me of my mantra: I am stronger than this challenge and  this challenge is making me stronger.

Hugs, Jenn

slowblumer

1/7/16

ATTITUDE

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.                                                                          It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home.                                                                       The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.                                                                                    We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."

--Charles Swindoll--