Project War Status -  Iran conundrum and more (179 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 

After Suleimani, Iran will hit back hard – possibly on multiple fronts

Iran has military, covert and diplomatic options. And this new phase of the confrontation could quickly get out of hand

On the outskirts of Tehran, vast cemeteries serve as a grim reminder of the high price Iran paid during its 1980-88 war with Iraq. Hundreds of thousands of young Iranians fought and died in a horrific struggle against Saddam Hussein’s invasion forces, which were armed by the US. Among those Iranian soldiers who survived was Qassem Suleimani.

The war, by all accounts, was a formative experience for the man who would later rise to a dominant position in Iran’s military, security and intelligence establishment. Suleimani’s loyalty to Iran’s revolutionary regime, which seized power in 1979, was firmly established. His belief that an implacable America was his country’s foremost foe was written in blood.

Suleimani became the chief architect of the expansion of Iran’s regional influence, which began in earnest following the American toppling of Saddam in 2003. It enabled Tehran to establish the kind of dominance in Iraq that previously eluded it. Iran’s reach gradually extended to Syria, Gaza, Lebanon and Yemen, always in opposition to the US and its allies.

MORE By Simon Tisdall

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/04/after-suleimani-iran-will-hit-back-hard-simon-tisdall

Sat 4 Jan 2020 10.56 GMT
Last modified on Sat 4 Jan 2020 16.25 GMT

And as Jack Posobiec pointed out on Friday, General Qassim Soleimani planned and financed the attacks on the US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

MORE

http://forums.delphiforums.com/canada1/messages/?msg=37284.1

globe_with_meridians

• Edited January 4, 2020 2:07 pm  by  AuntBetsie

Reply   Options 

To: All  (2 of 8) 
 8028.2 in reply to 8028.1 

This history of relentless confrontation with Washington is Suleimani’s legacy, and will ultimately dictate how Iran responds to his assassination on Friday on Donald Trump’s orders. The suggestion by some analysts in Washington that a shocked and weakened Iran may back down merely shows how little most Americans understand the country.

Footage shows aftermath of US airstrike that killed top Iranian general Qassem Suleimani

Guardian News 3 Jan 2020 see_no_evil

VIDEO https://youtu.be/pChFGe57mLk

The White House said Donald Trump ordered an airstrike that killed the powerful Iranian general Qassem Suleimani and Iraqi militia leader Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis.

The attack came amid Iranian tensions with the US after thousands of Iraqis stormed the US embassy compound in Baghdad this week. The killing of Suleimani presents a dramatic escalation of an already bloody struggle between Washington and Tehran for influence across the region

To: AuntBetsie  (3 of 8) 
 8028.3 in reply to 8028.1 

As I have noticed, people seem to be saturated with all the wars!!!

To: AuntBetsie  (4 of 8) 
 8028.4 in reply to 8028.1 

We may all thank the previous American and British administrations for these wars!!

To: Rôle'n'Troll (is11)  (5 of 8) 
 8028.5 in reply to 8028.4 

Only if we ignore the islamic desire for their caliphate and constant jihad against the world.  Appeasement will not work and we will not have peace without total victory!

Jer 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

Jos 24:15 And if it seems evil in your eyes to serve YAHWEH, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, whether the gods whom your fathers served Beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living. But as for me and my house, we will serve YAHWEH.

Isa 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

To: AuntBetsie  (6 of 8) 
 8028.6 in reply to 8028.1 

This won't be taken easily!

To: AuntBetsie  (7 of 8) 
 8028.7 in reply to 8028.1 

Since this happen every hour there's a huge change in the story that sound like a repeated loop!

The crash and the hiding of the black box - what's up with that?

To: AuntBetsie  (8 of 8) 
 8028.8 in reply to 8028.1 

Here's some update

#TheStory #FoxNews
Geraldo: If Iran wanted to hit US troops, they would have

Fox News 8 Jan 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4TI6wEiqd4
Geraldo Rivera reacts to Iran's missile attack on American military facilities in Iraq on 'The Story with Martha MacCallum.'

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.